Insider Threat Analyst
- Job Title
- Insider Threat Analyst
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 22202
- Other Location
Clearance Required: Top Secret/SCI
The Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA) is a defense agency under the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) that provides force protection, security and law enforcement for the Pentagon Reservation, Department of Defense (DoD) activities and DoD occupied facilities not under the jurisdiction of a Military Department within the National Capital Region (NCR). In addition, PFPA is responsible to implement and operate an Insider Threat Program for OSD. PFPA will provide the OSD with an insider threat capability, designed to deter, detect, and mitigate anomalous behavior indicative of an insider threat.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide personnel and information security expertise to integrate physical, information, and personnel security planning as the team develops the lifecycle concept, capability, policy, and procedures.
- Contribute to process to identify and develop insider threat leads for possible referral to investigators; to identify past behaviors relevant to the issue under review; provide comprehensive writer reports to investigators, human resources specialists, and others required.
- Review and evaluate reports of adverse information and recommended action.
- Create and provide written and verbal briefings, including recommendations, to PFPA and WHS leadership on methods and initiatives to reduce risk and enhance security based on insider threat operations
- Provide subject matter expertise in DoD directives and instructions involving security clearance process, specifically in regards to the Adjudicative Guidelines. Provide subject matter expertise in a range of security disciplines, with an emphasis in personnel security.
- Conduct data analysis of insider threat auditing and monitoring software systems to detect, identify and refer threats to the appropriate entities, including reviews of Intelligence Information Reports (IIRs) and other sources providing related information gathering for a centralized analysis, reporting, and response capability.
- Provide input to leadership when vulnerabilities are identified.
- Support development and implementation of security measures that also protect the handling, storing, processing, and transfer of classified information
- Familiarity with security clearance processes such as those governing the adjudication of clearances, processing of security information files, and suspension of clearances for violating security protocols. the activities and systems identified above and to interface and coordinate with the appropriate security offices.
- Attend and support meetings, formal reviews, conferences, and audits.
- Assist in review and development of reports, policy, plans, and other documentation as required to meet objectives of the program as required. Assure all recommended policies are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and instructions.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in criminal justice, security, or related discipline such as cyber security.
- Must have 5 years of experience as an all source analyst supporting tactical and/or strategic levels.
- Must have 5 years of Subject Matter Expert (SME) experience in the following areas:
- Insider Threat
- User Activity Monitoring
- Personnel Security
- Exemplified knowledge of intelligence processes, cycle and organizations.
- Knowledge of and/or ability to use various research tools.
- Clear understanding of the systems, procedures and methods of analyzing, compiling, reporting and dissemination intelligence data.
- Knowledge of organization(s) that collect and analyze intelligence data and the methods they use.
- Knowledge of terminology, methodology, and information gathering techniques, as well as research and analytical techniques, as applied to difficult and complex assignments in security, law enforcement, or counterintelligence analysis.
- Comprehensive understanding of the DoD population through work experience directly supporting the DoD.
- Experience providing support and expertise to an Insider Threat program is preferred.
- Superb communication skills, written and oral.
- Demonstrated experience conducting risk assessments and presenting findings to a variety of audiences, to include senior leadership.
Physical Requirements / Travel
- Normal office environment
- No travel outside of National Capital Region
Azimuth Corporation, founded in 2001, is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), dedicated to serving our customers as a trusted partner. As a small business, we remain flexible and affordable. We listen and respond to the needs of our customer. The solutions we develop are a direct result of our strong partnerships. We provide exceptional leadership in program and administrative management, bringing expertise within national security, research and development, installation management and industrial base analysis mission areas.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Azimuth Corporation does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s Degree in criminal justice, security, or related discipline such as cyber security.
Must have 5 years of experience as an all source analyst supporting tactical and/or strategic levels.
Must have 5 years of Subject Matter Expert (SME) experience in the following areas: Insider Threat, User Activity Monitoring, Counterintelligence, and/or Personnel Security