AIX & Linux Administrator (Secret Clearance Required)
- Job Title
- AIX & Linux Administrator (Secret Clearance Required)
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA
- Other Location
AIX & Linux Administrator
Talent Orchard LLC has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process, and we are searching for an AIX & Linux Administrator to support a DoD customer in Arlington, VA. This position is responsible for operating and maintaining the IBM AIX operating system on System p (Power) hardware, and RedHat Enterprise Linux on x86 architecture in a large DOD data center enterprise environment.
- Operate and maintain the IBM AIX operating system (v6.1, v7.1) running in multiple LPARs on System p (Power) hardware (P520, P750 and P770) supporting the IBM Spectrum Protect (formerly Tivoli Storage Manager) application.
- Operate Redhat Enterprise Linux on x86 servers supporting IBM Spectrum Protect application.
- Perform all application security patching as required by DoD information security organizations and processes.
- Participate in test exercises as required by applicable Disaster Recovery Plans and directed by the Government.
- Troubleshoot and resolve major and minor issues with the operating system and hardware including opening and managing support tickets with vendors (e.g. IBM, Dell/EMC) as needed.
- Best effort support of backup and recovery storage infrastructure which includes IBM ProtecTIER VTLs, IBM 3584 tape libraries and Data Domain VTLs, IBM v5030 storage arrays
- Creation of Technical Documentation including System Architecture documentation, TechnicalFunctional Specifications, Disaster Recovery Plans, SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) Other Technical Documentation As Needed
• Active Secret Clearance required to start
• DoD 8570 certification compliance required to start (CompTia Security+ CE, or CASP or CISSP)
• Bachelor's Degree or comparable experience
• 3 years experience operating and maintaining AIX and Red Hat Linux Enterprise server systems
• Experience maintaining IBM System p (Power) hardware (with LPAR and
• Ability to troubleshoot firewall and IP connectivity
• Basic understanding and ability to troubleshoot fibre channel-based storage infrastructure (zoning and masking)
• Ability to create and maintain Technical Documentation including System Architecture documentation, TechnicalFunctional Specifications, Disaster Recovery Plans, SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), and other Technical Documentation as needed
Additional Preferred Skills/Knowledge Of:
• IBM Certified AIX Administrator highly desired
• 7 years experience operating and maintaining AIX and Red Hat Linux Enterprise server systems
• Ability to administer/operate IBM 3584 tape libraries
• Ability to administer/operate IBM ProtecTIER VTL
• Ability to administer/operate DellEMC Data Domain VTL
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost @secretjobs @NOVAjobs #AIX #linuxadministrator