- Job Title
- Lead Developer
- Job ID
- College Park, MD
- Other Location
College Park, MD
Talent Orchard has been contracted by a top tier defense firm to assist with staffing a brand new contract opportunity and we are seeking a Lead Developer to support a program for electronic records, by way of modification and refactoring of current capabilities, as well as the establishment of new capabilities in order to fulfill the agency’s mission amidst changes in technology, policy, and growth of digital materials. The Lead Developer’s (a.k.a. Software Architect’s) primary responsibility is to direct the design, implementation, testing, integration, deployment, and support of all software (SW) elements for this required solution.
- Establishes SW frameworks and SW standards, defines SW development and testing processes, and implements SW development environments and tools;
- Develops the software architecture;
- Performs functional and technical proof of concepts;
- Oversees and participates in software development activities throughout the lifecycle;
- Manages SW releases and configurations; and
- Ensures the software solution is fit-for-purpose and fit-for-use. The Software Architect works in conjunction with the Customer's Electronic Records Archives (ERA) Architect, the Solution Architect, Functional Architect, and Company project management and technical teams.
This position requires:
- Extensive expertise in full lifecycle software development in both the technical and process areas;
- The ability to integrate technical and functional considerations into comprehensive software designs; and
- The ability to communicate effectively with business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and technical stakeholders.
- Must be able to obtain NACI Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 9 years relevant hands-on experience including object oriented analysis, design and development of web-based applications of similar technology stack, size, and scope to this task.
- Relevant experience leading teams of 3+ junior developers on complex application development work.
- Hands-on experience developing, deploying and debugging cloud-based applications
- Hands-on experience developing in an Agile environment
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate certification (minimum)
- Strong oral and communication skills (speak fluent English) and experience interacting with senior leaders within an organization.
- Prior Federal government experience.
- Knowledge of microservices architectures, containerization, and AWS docker.
- Familiarity with Section 508 WCAG Level A and AA requirements.
- Familiarity with the NARA Electronic Record Archive system.
- Experience with CI/CD tools.
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #Developer #leaddeveloper @DCjobs