Client Development Director
- Job Title
- Client Development Director
- Job ID
Client Development Director
We are working with a food tech company that is looking for a Client Development Director! This is a newly created role. The ideal person will be high energy and a strong sales person who has a solid business acumen. The Development Director will build strong partnerships with clients, championing their voice throughout the new client acquisition process and on-going client nurturing phase. You’ll identify ways to grow the business both strategically and creatively, foster a fun and healthy dynamic between our teams and serve as a partner to the production team to deliver our services on-time and on budget. This role will be self-directing but also have heavy communication with upper management on business strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Core focus will be on initiating and building client partnerships. This partnership will continue with providing “continuity of care”, managing client needs and experience on an ongoing basis.
- Seek out new direct client opportunities. During Phase 1 this will initially be warm leads and referrals; during Phase 2 this will turn into seeking opportunities for new partnerships through cold lead exploration.
- Participates in the negotiation of new client contracts and or updates existing contracts to reflect actual events.
- Create processes and procedures for new client onboarding
- Responsible for new client on-boarding while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Seek out opportunities to improve operational efficiencies in alignment with cost leadership and drive results of process improvement initiatives.
- Works with finance and purchasing to ensure on-time payment by the client, and in general understands client’s financial processes.
- Receives Purchase orders, reviews accuracy of pricing and delivery dates based on contractual obligations.
- Research and continually be working toward “out of the box” and “Big Easy” potential client opportunities.
- Support executive team in other client relationships (like Distributors) as needed.
- Opportunity for those in interest alignment to be strategically involved in customer data collections, analytics and marketing.
Required Skills/Qualifications (including but not limited to):
- 5-8 years of proven and recent experience at successfully meeting individual sales revenue targets
- Direct experience selling Food/Bev into the foodservice industry
- Proven track record in project management and sales/business development
- Willing and comfortable to self-direct in an entrepreneurial environment
- Effective in senior level communications, influencing & negotiation.
- Proficient financial & contractual management.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and solution-oriented with a positive attitude.
- Motivated by an extremely collaborative and fast-moving environment.
- Understanding of monitoring forecast and production volumes, capacity issues and cycle time and scheduling parameters.
- Ability to continually change and grow within the company.
- Have a BA/BS from accredited university.
- “Tech”, “Gadget” minded affinities also a plus
- Must be excited about food; naturally staying up to date on food trends
- Able to travel 30-50% in the Tri-state area
- Have a valid driver’s license and comfortable driving in Manhattan and the Tri-state area. (Do not need to have your own vehicle)
- Need to be able to lift/move up to 50lbs