Client Development Director
- Job Title
- Client Development Director
- Job ID
Client Director level position- final Title TBD
In this individual contributor client relationship/account management role, you will act as the primary liaison between the company and the external client. You’ll build strong partnerships with clients, championing their voice throughout the new client acquisition process and on-going client nurturing phase. You’ll identify ways to grow the business both strategically and creatively, foster a fun and healthy dynamic between our teams and serve as a partner to the production team to deliver our services on-time and on budget. In addition, the “Client Director” is responsible for proactively managing, monitoring, evaluating and updating the overall business plan to meet all volume and profit objectives. This role will be self-directing but also have heavy communication with upper management on business strategy. This newly created position that will provide endless growth within the company.
Duties & Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Core focus will be on initiating and building client partnerships. This partnership will continue with providing “continuity of care”, managing client needs and experience on an ongoing basis.
- Seek out new direct client opportunities. During Phase 1 this will initially be warm leads and referrals; during Phase 2 this will turn into seeking opportunities for new partnerships through cold lead exploration.
- Participates in the negotiation of new client contracts and or updates existing contracts to reflect actual events.
- Create processes and procedures for new client onboarding
- Responsible for new client on-boarding while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Seek out opportunities to improve operational efficiencies in alignment with cost leadership and drive results of process improvement initiatives.
- Works with finance and purchasing to ensure on-time payment by the client, and in general understands client’s financial processes.
- Receives Purchase orders, reviews accuracy of pricing and delivery dates based on contractual obligations.
- Research and continually be working toward “out of the box” and “Big Easy” potential client opportunities.
- Support executive team in other client relationships (like Distributors) as needed.
- Opportunity for those in interest alignment to be strategically involved in customer data collections, analytics and marketing.
Required Skills/Qualifications (including but not limited to):
- 5-8 years of proven and recent experience at successfully meeting individual sales revenue targets
- Direct experience selling Food/Bev into the foodservice industry
- Direct experience in a new or growing business management consultancy, or market research a plus.
- Proven track record in project management and sales/business development
- Willing and comfortable to self-direct in an entrepreneurial environment
- Effective in senior level communications, influencing & negotiation.
- Proficient financial & contractual management.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and solution-oriented with a positive attitude.
- Motivated by an extremely collaborative and fast-moving environment.
- Understanding of monitoring forecast and production volumes, capacity issues and cycle time and scheduling parameters.
- Ability to continually change and grow within the company.
- Have a BA/BS from accredited university.
- “Tech”, “Gadget” minded affinities also a plus
- Must be excited about food; naturally staying up to date on food trends
- Able to travel 30-50% in the Tri-state area
- Have a valid driver’s license and comfortable driving in Manhattan and the Tri-state area. (Do not need to have your own vehicle)
- Need to be able to lift/move up to 50lbs