Sr. Level Account Manager- Foodservice/B2B
- Job Title
- Sr. Level Account Manager- Foodservice/B2B
- Job ID
Sr. Level Account Manager- Foodservice/B2B (final Title TBD)
In this individual contributor client relationship/account management role, you will act as the primary liaison between the company and the external client. You’ll build strong partnerships with clients, championing their voice throughout the new client acquisition process and on-going client nurturing phase. You’ll identify ways to grow the business both strategically and creatively, foster a fun and healthy dynamic between our teams and serve as a partner to the production team to deliver our services on-time and on budget.
The “Client Director” is responsible for establishing and maintaining on-the-ground relations with retail/business management and key customer decision makers. She/he is responsible for growing business with existing customers, opening & onboarding new accounts and expanding product utilization within assigned territories. The ideal candidate will be able to provide continuing care to the customer experience and have the ability to vigorously seek out new client opportunities. In addition, the “Client Director” is responsible for proactively managing, monitoring, evaluating and updating the overall business plan to meet all volume and profit objectives. This role will be self-directing but also have heavy communication with upper management on business strategy. This newly created position that will provide endless growth within the company.
Duties & Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Core focus will be on initiating and building client partnerships. This partnership will continue with providing “continuity of care”, managing client needs and experience on an ongoing basis.
- Seek out new direct client opportunities. During Phase 1 this will initially be warm leads and referrals; during Phase 2 this will turn into seeking opportunities for new partnerships through cold lead exploration.
- Responsible for leading client facing meetings.
- Organizes and manages client site visits.
- Lead client engagement and relationships by driving client outcomes and delivering against strategic priorities while managing and cultivating a high performing culture.
- Participates in the negotiation of new client contracts and or updates existing contracts to reflect actual events.
- Create processes and procedures for new client onboarding
- Responsible for new client on-boarding while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Develop a keen understanding of client needs and develop sales strategies to capitalize on revenue opportunities.
- Ensure all client engagements are successfully implemented, taking corrective action and removing barriers if needed to guarantee client expectations are met
- Seek out opportunities to improve operational efficiencies in alignment with cost leadership and drive results of process improvement initiatives.
- Serves as the main liaison between the client and the internal departments.
- Works with finance and purchasing to ensure on-time payment by the client, and in general understands client’s financial processes.
- Receives Purchase orders, reviews accuracy of pricing and delivery dates based on contractual obligations.
- Research and continually be working toward “out of the box” and “Big Easy” potential client opportunities.
- In addition to a full pipeline of client onboarding or client contract closing activity, always actively seek new business in alignment with targeted sales priorities.
- Being willing to travel near and far (30% -50%) within assigned region to pursue client partnerships as needed. (Travel via NYC Metro area Subway/walking, Car, Train, Plane as needed per client relationship)
- Support executive team in other client relationships (like Distributors) as needed.
- Opportunity for those in interest alignment to be strategically involved in customer data collections, analytics and marketing.
- Opportunity for those in interest alignment to be involved with Executive level team in strategically creating processes for Sales/Client relationships.
Required Skills/Qualifications (including but not limited to):
- 5-8 years of proven and recent experience at successfully meeting individual sales revenue targets
- Direct experience selling Food/Bev into institutions (Like Colleges/Hospitals/Military bases) or working within in Institutional Food/Bev environment (Like Restaurants/Hotels/Cafeterias) would be a plus.
- Direct experience in a new or growing business management consultancy, or market research a plus.
- Proven track record in project management and sales/business development
- Willing and comfortable to self-direct in an entrepreneurial environment
- Effective in senior level communications, influencing & negotiation.
- Proficient financial & contractual management.
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability to drive client outcomes.
- Strong analytical aptitude.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and solution-oriented with a positive attitude.
- Motivated by an extremely collaborative and fast-moving environment. Motivated to join a fast-growing company with endless opportunities for growth and personal contribution.
- Understanding of monitoring forecast and production volumes, capacity issues and cycle time and scheduling parameters.
- Ability to continually change and grow within the company. Willingness to contribute within the role and to the company as needed, including extending out of traditional functions of any given role.
- Have a BA/BS from accredited university.
- “Tech”, “Gadget” minded affinities also a plus
- Must be excited about food; naturally staying up to date on food trends
- Able to travel 30-50% in the Tri-state area
- Have a valid driver’s license and comfortable driving in Manhattan and the Tri-state area
- Need to be able to lift/move up to 60 lbs. This is required.