Please select the position below that you want to apply for or just create a profile. You will be assigned a username and password, which will allow you to come back and update your information or resume. There will be a couple of fields to enter your information and then you will see a list of general questions about job requirements and your surveying experience. Answering these questions is not required, but will better assist SPS in matching you with available job opportunities. The last field will require you to upload your resume to our database. Now you are ready to click the save button. You will receive two emails upon submittal that will contain your username, password and profile links. A representative with SPS will contact you to review your profile, experience, and job needs.
Survey Party Chief
- Job Title
- Survey Party Chief
- Job ID
- San Diego, CA 92123
- Other Location
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accurately operate, adjust and maintain survey measuring instruments including level, GPS equipment and total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities for field to finish operations
- Accurately QC data collected in the field via standard office data reduction and processing techniques
- Provide first draft review and edits after processing by the office survey technician.
- Take accurate, complete and clear notes. Note reduction by recording survey measurements, descriptive data, drawings and sketches
- Assist the Project Surveyor by demonstrating logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Work in the office on drafting, research, field note reduction data analysis, and other related survey drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D, (Microstation, ArcGIS a plus), Trimble Business Center, and other incidental survey programs.
- Ability to work in the field on control, boundary, right-of-way, topographic and construction surveys, as Party Chief of a one, two or three-person field crew in urban and remote areas
- Performs related mathematical calculations and checking of mapping data.
- May also perform some other incidental office duties as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles used by survey crews
- Ability to work in field on 1 or 2 man crew and use field survey equipment