Please select the position below that you want to apply for or just create a profile. You will be assigned a username and password, which will allow you to come back and update your information or resume. There will be a couple of fields to enter your information and then you will see a list of general questions about job requirements and your surveying experience. Answering these questions is not required, but will better assist SPS in matching you with available job opportunities. The last field will require you to upload your resume to our database. Now you are ready to click the save button. You will receive two emails upon submittal that will contain your username, password and profile links. A representative with SPS will contact you to review your profile, experience, and job needs.
Survey Field Technician
- Job Title
- Survey Field Technician
- Job ID
- Portland, OR 92123
- Other Location
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Perform field labor related to various types of surveys; including: land boundary, topographic mapping, hydrographic surveys, construction staking, and control surveys.
• Accurately operate, adjust and maintain survey measuring instruments including level, GPS equipment and total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities.
• Performs mathematical calculations and quality assurance checks on field data and notes. Reads and understands survey map dat.
• Takes accurate, complete and clear notes. Note reduction by recording survey measurements, descriptive data, drawings and sketches
• Basis understanding of construction plans, specifications, and measurement errors.
• Assist the party chief to complete tasks necessary for surveys
• Ability to determine the right tools and equipment to perform the job effectively.
• Daily administration duties including, but not limited to, downloading field notes and daily reports
• Maintains equipment and vehicles used by survey crews
• Performs other duties as assigned.