Please select the position below that you want to apply for or just create a profile. You will be assigned a username and password, which will allow you to come back and update your information or resume. There will be a couple of fields to enter your information and then you will see a list of general questions about job requirements and your surveying experience. Answering these questions is not required, but will better assist SPS in matching you with available job opportunities. The last field will require you to upload your resume to our database. Now you are ready to click the save button. You will receive two emails upon submittal that will contain your username, password and profile links. A representative with SPS will contact you to review your profile, experience, and job needs.
- Job Title
- Survey Manager
- Job ID
- Walnut Creek, CA 94596
- Other Location
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform project research, logistics and management, review plats and prepare legal descriptions
- Schedule survey projects
- Full technical responsibility of interpreting organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments
- Manages staff and assigns personnel to survey crews on a daily basis
- Directs and gives instruction to survey crews on each assignment, suggesting efficient approaches
- Responsible for debriefing Survey Party Chief on daily operations on a regular basis
- Perform duties of a Survey Party Chief when required
- Provide miscellaneous computing as needed to complete the sheets for stake-outs, etc.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment needed by survey crews
- Participate in staff administration by reviewing survey crew performance and making recommendations to management
- Establishes controls for property lines and make the appropriate decisions regarding how to proceed with the survey
- Gather all necessary information needed by field crews and information needed to properly conduct the survey in the most time efficient manner and assign tasks to crew members
- Consult with clients, contractors, field personnel, engineering and planning staff on survey matters
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Back check submitted information from survey crews to be sure all required information is included and complete and scanned to the job files.
- Mentor field staff with technical and office skill development