Senior Research Scientist
- Job Title
- Senior Research Scientist
- Job ID
- New Haven, CT
- Other Location
Senior Research Associate – Microbiology
New Haven, Connecticut
Melinta is the largest pure-play antibiotics company, dedicated to saving lives threatened by the global public health crisis of bacterial infections through the discovery, development and commercialization of novel antibiotics that provide new therapeutic solutions. Its four marketed products include Baxdela™ (delafloxacin), Vabomere™ (meropenem and vaborbactam), Orbactiv®(oritavancin), and Minocin® (minocycline) for Injection. It also has an extensive pipeline of pre-clinical and clinical-stage products representing many important classes of antibiotics, each targeted at a different segment of the anti-infective market. Together, this portfolio provides Melinta with the unique ability to offer health care providers and patients with a range of solutions that can meet the tremendous need for novel antibiotics treating serious infections.
As a Senior Research Associate you will;
- Conduct antimicrobial, biochemical and/or mammalian cell-based assays in a moderate throughput setting with minimal supervision.
- Design and execute experiments to characterize compound mechanism of action and other antimicrobial properties
- Maintain lab notebooks and record data.
- Operate lab instruments including but not limited to PCR and qPCR thermocyclers, plate readers, robotic liquid handlers, etc., according to established SOPs.
- Assist with various laboratory tasks including buffer and media preparation, autoclaving, restocking, and laboratory maintenance.
- Communicate detailed information both verbally and in technical reports and notes.
- Comply with all SOPs and safety standards.
Your background will likely include;
- At least 5 years of relevant industry or academic experience in molecular biology, microbiology, cell biology, biochemistry or related fields. Experience in microbial genetics, cloning, strain construction, and mammalian cell culture highly desirable.
- Demonstrated familiarity with sterile technique with regard to both mammalian and bacteria cell culture, including BL-2 organisms.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and high throughput production setting.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic team player, with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Capable of high performance in independent work as well as in team setting.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills is required.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- MS Degree in Biological Sciences plus 5 years, of relevant laboratory experience.
- Highly experienced BS candidates may also be considered
It is our Company and our client's policy to employ, retain, promote, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants without regard to any individuals’ race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or protected veteran status. In compliance with local, state, national and federal disability laws world-wide, we would be happy to reasonably accommodate any disability needs in support of the application process. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to request accommodation in order to apply. No recruiter or agency calls please. Talent Orchard LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms.