Principal Microbiology Scientist
- Job Title
- Principal Microbiology Scientist
- Job ID
- New Haven, CT
- Other Location
Principal Scientist – Microbiology/Bacteriologist
New Haven, Connecticut
Melinta is the largest pure-play antibiotics company, dedicated to saving lives threatened by the global public health crisis of bacterial infections through the discovery, development and commercialization of novel antibiotics that provide new therapeutic solutions. Its four marketed products include Baxdela™ (delafloxacin), Vabomere™ (meropenem and vaborbactam), Orbactiv®(oritavancin), and Minocin® (minocycline) for Injection. It also has an extensive pipeline of preclinical and clinical-stage products representing many important classes of antibiotics, each targeted at a different segment of the anti-infective market. Together, this portfolio provides Melinta with the unique ability to offer health care providers and patients with a range of solutions that can meet the tremendous need for novel antibiotics treating serious infections.
As a Principal Scientist you will;
- Independently design and conduct well controlled experiments characterizing the activities of novel antimicrobial compounds
- Conduct regular assays as required to guide compound development
- As appropriate, identify, pursue, and implement new technologies to support and expand internal capabilities
- Constructively contribute new ideas, suggestions, insights at project meetings, as well as ad hoc
- Track compound SAR, engage in productive discussions, and suggest next steps regarding biological evaluations
- Record and present data in well-organized written and oral formats
- Write study reports and draft manuscripts
- Work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment
- Attend and present at internal and external meetings/conferences as required
- May manage junior scientists and/or interns
You background will likely include;
- A background in molecular and/or clinical microbiology, experience in bacterial physiology, genetics and strain construction
- Familiarity with handling a variety of pathogens, cell culture, and sterile technique
- Experience in the development and performance of biochemical and mammalian/bacterial cell-based assays to support antibacterial discovery
- The ability to design/troubleshoot/ validate assays, and critically analyze assay data
- Familiarity with current molecular techniques and software, including the ability to design/construct plasmids, genetically manipulate bacterial strains, and analyze sequence data for cloning purposes. Experience with qPCR is a plus.
- Ability to work with database-related software to manage and capture study data
- PhD + 5 years, or MS + 10 years, degree in biology, microbiology, genetics, or biotechnology.
- Prior experience in antibacterial drug discovery required.
- Highly experienced BS candidates may also be considered.
It is our Company and our client's policy to employ, retain, promote, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants without regard to any individuals’ race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or protected veteran status. In compliance with local, state, national and federal disability laws world-wide, we would be happy to reasonably accommodate any disability needs in support of the application process. Please e-mail email@example.com if you want to request accommodation in order to apply. No recruiter or agency calls please. Talent Orchard LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms.