Senior Director, Contract & Pricing Strategy
- Job Title
- Senior Director, Contract & Pricing Strategy
- Job ID
- Morristown, NJ
- Other Location
Senior Director Contract & Pricing Strategy
Morristown, New Jersey
Melinta is the largest pure-play antibiotics company, dedicated to saving lives threatened by the global public health crisis of bacterial infections through the discovery, development and commercialization of novel antibiotics that provide new therapeutic solutions. Its four marketed products include Baxdela™ (delafloxacin), Vabomere™ (meropenem and vaborbactam), Orbactiv®(oritavancin), and Minocin® (minocycline) for Injection. It also has an extensive pipeline of preclinical and clinical-stage products representing many important classes of antibiotics, each targeted at a different segment of the anti-infective market. Together, this portfolio provides Melinta with the unique ability to offer health care providers and patients with a range of solutions that can meet the tremendous need for novel antibiotics treating serious infections. Visit www.melinta.com for more information.
The diverse product set at Melinta means that the Senior Director will play a critical role in determining the business model for products purchased through hospitals, specialty pharmacies, infusion centers and primary care physicians. The ability to provide insight and a successful positioning strategy for each of these areas across all appropriate drugs will be essential to the long-term future of the company.
The Sr. Director Contracts & Pricing Strategy reports to, and works closely with the VP of Market Access and Health Policy to establish pricing, pricing & contract strategy and present the strategy to the Strategic Pricing Team (SPT), made up of the Chief Commercial Officer, the Chief Financial Officer AND the Chief Executive Officer. In other words, the individual in this role has immediate and direct access to the key strategic leaders of the firm and his or her strategy will become the foundation of the business strategy for each commercialized product.
Melinta is the ideal combination of a publicly traded, respected brand coupled with a crystal clear mission and an innovative start-up culture. It is a company that gives its employees the opportunity to act like owners, to innovate and provide actionable feedback. The company is dedicated to breaking the mold of pharmaceutical companies by remaining dedicated to the arena of infectious disease without the distraction of other competing therapeutic channels. If your passion is infectious disease treatment, there is simply no better company to join.
As the Senior Director, Contracts & Pricing Strategy you will;
Partner with Marketing, Managed Markets, Sales Leadership, Finance, Legal and Compliance to ensure appropriate identification and evaluation of commercial and government contracting opportunities. This role is also responsible for third party vendors assisting Melinta in administering contracts including verifying compliance, processing rebates, administering chargebacks, calculating government pricing and submitting government reports.
Are you ready to;
• Be the primary staff person for the Strategic Pricing Team, (SPT), providing input to SPT around contracting strategies, pricing, market dynamics and implications for Commercial and Government contracts?
• Work collaboratively, with Marketing, to design the Contracting Strategy for market access evaluating the impact of federal, state and local regulations, government pricing requirements, market dynamics and the competitive landscape on formulary coverage, market share, and profitability?
• Partner with managed markets, contract administration vendors and legal to negotiate contract terms and confirm that all final agreements are accurate prior to execution?
• Be accountable for vendor management of Government Contracting and Pricing process including Medicaid, Medicare, Federal Supply Schedule (FSS), and 340B contract operations, and communications with respective government agencies?
• In cooperation with the managed markets account management team, be accountable for managing Melinta’s relationship with government agencies and purchasing organizations (VA, FSS, 340 B, Medicaid, Medicare, CMS, Payers, Wholesale Distributors and SPs)?
• Partner with Finance and oversee contract administration vendor to ensure proper forecasting, budgeting and accruals for all Medicaid and Commercial Payer rebates, FSS and Tri-Care? chargebacks, Medicare Coverage Gap payments, and other government and commercial programs
• Work closely with third party contract administration vendor to design and manage contract administration and reporting system?
• Establish and monitor KPIs for department including preparing pre-deal and post-deal analyses for contract terms?
• Publish product price with pricing agencies and communicates to appropriate stakeholders?
• Be responsible for creating and maintaining policies, procedures, and operating instructions for all government pricing calculations and rebate payments?
• Be responsible for compliance with government regulations and Melinta standard operating procedures for managed markets contracts, government reporting, and product pricing?
• Conduct Fair Market Value analysis and provide recommendations to legal and managed markets regarding contract terms?
• Manage Contract Strategy effort and government reporting responsibility with emphasis on maintaining and driving effective internal controls (SOX 404 Compliance) and documenting policies and procedures?
Education & Work Experience:
- BA/BS (MBA or post-graduate Accounting qualification preferred).
- 15 years relevant experience in the area of government regulation as it impacts contracts and pricing.
- At least 7 years of experience within the specific area of healthcare reimbursement
- The ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of government programs, the regulatory agencies that monitor the programs, health care policy development, and the administrative structure of reimbursement sources.
- Demonstrated record of being a high impact individual with established relationships with those in the industry, vendors, government agencies and health plans.
- Demonstrated excellence in execution through deep analytic skills, attention to details, superior written and verbal communication skills and mastery of the regulatory and contracts environment for all appropriate areas where Melinta has commercialized products.
It is our Company's policy to employ, retain, promote, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants without regard to any individuals’ race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or protected veteran status. In compliance with local, state, national and federal disability laws world-wide, we would be happy to reasonably accommodate any disability needs in support of the application process. Please e-mail HR@Melinta.com if you want to request accommodation in order to apply. No recruiter or agency calls please. Melinta Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #contracts #pricingstrategy #specialtypharmacy #hospital #antibiotic