Interested in joining a fast-paced, results-focused company that cares about its employees and is helping shape America's housing finance industry? Essent is currently interviewing for the following open positions:
- Job Title
- Risk Analyst
- Requisition ID
- Radnor, PA 19087
- Other Location
Essent Guaranty, Inc. Founded in 2008, we are a private mortgage insurer, approved by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and licensed nationwide. We offer private mortgage insurance, also known as mortgage guaranty insurance, MI or private MI, for single-family mortgage loans in the United States, providing private capital to mitigate mortgage credit risk for lenders and investors. This, in turn, allows lenders to make additional mortgage financing available to prospective homeowners. We are focused on managing risk and dedicated to serving as a strong and fair counterparty. As a company, we bring strong private capital and a commitment to risk management to the mortgage insurance industry. As of September 30, 2018, Essent Guaranty was in compliance with the Private Mortgage Insurer Eligibility Requirements (PMIERs). Essent is rated BBB+ by Standard and Poor's and Baa1 by Moody's.
Title: Risk Analyst
Location: Radnor, Pennsylvania/Bermuda
The candidate will perform mortgage market research, collateral analysis, transaction costing, and market surveillance in an effort to support the mortgage insurance and reinsurance business and structured transactions. The focus of the position will be on underwriting, pricing adequacy and monitoring. Following the completion of initial training in Radnor, PA, the position will entail periods of extended stay, i.e. 6-12 months, in Bermuda to support the analytics function of Essent Reinsurance Ltd. Position works under regular supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform data mapping and integrity checks, collateral stratification, and transaction surveillance.
- Utilize proprietary credit risk models and pricing tools to conduct profitability analysis.
- Develop and maintain costing tools for customized pricing development, and cash flow models for analyzing structured transactions.
- Prepare collateral and credit analysis, documentation, and presentation materials for mortgage insurance and structured transactions.
- Board, validate and invoice loan level data in the corporate loan management system.
- Support various departmental and cross-functional projects as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics or a related quantitative discipline is required; Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline preferred.
- Experience working with large data sets or conducting credit analysis
- Experience in mortgage or financial service/insurance industry preferred
- Proficiency in Excel (incl. VBA), Word and PowerPoint; working knowledge of SAS or other statistical analysis software preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to collaborate and contribute in a diverse workplace environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet aggressive deadlines
- Highly detail and result oriented; Demonstrates customer driven focus
Our package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and disability benefits. We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. Essent is an Equal Opportunity Employer.