Special Operations Training, Exercise, Education and Readiness Analyst
- Job Title
- Special Operations Training, Exercise, Education and Readiness Analyst
- Job ID
- ARLINGTON, VA 22202
- Other Location
- Offsite - Pentagon
· Demonstrated knowledge of the executive/legislative decision making process.
· Demonstrated knowledge of USSOCOM, subordinate organizations, DOD, and Service roles and missions. Skill in dealing effectively with voluminous amounts of information.
· Experience in preparing and presenting highly complex technical material or highly complex issues, or both, to non-specialists.
· Experience in assessing the political and institutional environment in which decisions are made and implemented.
· Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment in all phases of analysis -- ranging from sorting out the most important problems, to sifting evidence, and framing feasible options.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively express ideas orally and in writing, using appropriate language, organizing ideas, and marshaling facts in an objective manner.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively under the pressure of tight time-frames and rigid deadlines.
· Draft and coordinate action packages and other correspondence related to your area of special operations policy and resources expertise for senior DoD leadership; coordinate, plan, and develop policies and initiatives appropriate for strategic guidance documents or DoD issuances such as directives or instructions.
· Minimum 5 years of experience using communication skills, both written and oral, to include preparation of written products for senior leader (general officer/flag officer/senior executive service level).
· Provide technical expertise on Joint Combined Exercise for Training (JCET) authorities and research, track, coordinate within DoD and the interagency and staff for approval all JCET events.
· Research, track, coordinate and staff for notification and approval all Realistic Military Training events within Departmental guidelines.
· Provide SME technical analysis, support, written advice and recommendations the Government on Special Operations training programs to include developing budgetary and programmatic guidance. .
· Provide SME technical analysis, support, written advice and recommendations the Government on Special Operations education programs to include developing budgetary and programmatic guidance. Provide SME technical analysis of
· USSOCOM’s SO training programs, Joint Special Operations University education programs, and SO exercise programs in POM baseline including program milestones, fielding plans, roadmaps, budgets, and execution status.
· Provide SME technical analysis on integration and policy compliance of SOF training requirements matters in the Joint process
· Provide SO&IW analysis of SO- training, exercises, and education-authorities, related legislative proposals, congressional marks up, appeals, directed studies and reports.
· Assist in drafting Congressional testimony for Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations and Low Intensity Conflict (ASD SO/LIC) Annual Posture Statement pertaining to SO training programs, readiness, and SOF education.
· Provide SME technical analysis of SOF interoperability with the general purpose forces
· Provide SO SME technical support for the DoD and SOF Language Program.
· Provide written technical analysis and support to ASD (SO/LIC)’s representative at USSOCOM’s Personnel and Readiness conference and OSD P&R conferences. Provide SME technical analysis and support to ASD (SO/LIC) for readiness matters at the Special Operation Policy and Oversight Council.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
• Minimum 5 years of combined Joint, OSD, or Service level training policy, readiness, reporting, Joint Combined Exercise Training, education and global force management experience
• Minimum 4 years of experience at OSD or Service level in managing SOF education and OSD language program
• Minimum 3 years of experience with Global Force Management and the Secretary of Defense Orders Book process
• Ability to interface with senior level management
• Demonstrated excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to provide technical support and advice
• Active Top Secret/with SCI eligibility
• Master’s degree from an accredited university in any field of study