Special Operations Legislative and Budget Analyst
- Job Title
- Special Operations Legislative and Budget Analyst
- Job ID
- ARLINGTON, VA 22202
- Other Location
- Offsite - Pentagon
· Demonstrated knowledge of the executive/legislative decision making process.
· Demonstrated knowledge of USSOCOM, subordinate organizations, DOD, and Service roles and missions. Skill in dealing effectively with voluminous amounts of information.
· .Experience in preparing and presenting highly complex technical material or highly complex issues, or both, to non-specialists.
· Experience in assessing the political and institutional environment in which decisions are made and implemented.
· Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment in all phases of analysis -- ranging from sorting out the most important problems, to sifting evidence, and framing feasible options.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively express ideas orally and in writing, using appropriate language, organizing ideas, and marshaling facts in an objective manner.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively under the pressure of tight time-frames and rigid deadlines.
· Draft and coordinate action packages and other correspondence related to your area of special operations policy and resources expertise for senior DoD leadership; coordinate, plan, and develop policies and initiatives appropriate for strategic guidance documents or DoD issuances such as directives or instructions.
· Minimum 5 years of experience using communication skills, both written and oral, to include preparation of written products for senior leader (general officer/flag officer/senior executive service level).
· Provide SO&IW staff and SOLIC leadership with technical advice on Congress’ support for, interest in, and concerns regarding Special Operations (SO) man, train, equip issues.
· Provide SO&IW analysis of SO-personnel authorities, related legislative proposals, congressional marks up, and appeals.
· Provide technical support for development or processing of any SO-related Congressional hearings, reports, briefings and requests for information.
· Assist in drafting Congressional testimony for Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations and Low Intensity Conflict (ASD SO/LIC) Annual Posture Statement.
· Provide SO&IW written advice and analysis of USSOCOM Commander’s congressional testimonies, talking points, and engagement plans.
· Provide technical support to SO&IW liaison to OSD/Legislative Affairs, Congress, and budget meetings.
· Provide SME technical support, analysis, assist in the review, develop recommendations and edits of President’s Budget (PB) justification exhibits and related briefings. Develop analysis recommendations for the PB strategy briefings and budget rollout for the ASD-SO/LIC. Assist in development, review, and monitoring of reprogramming actions, budget related conferences, and mid-year execution review.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
• Minimum 10 years of combined Joint, Interagency, OSD, or Service experience working with the staffs of the House and Senate Services and Appropriations committee
• Minimum 10 years of experience drafting congressional testimony for senior Defense Officials
• Minimum 7 years of experience at the Joint, Interagency, OSD or Services drafting and editing legislation, congressional reports, research, and strategic communications
• Ability to interface with senior level management
• Demonstrated excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to provide technical support and advice
• Active Top Secret/with SCI eligibility
• Master’s degree from an accredited university in any field of study