- Job Title
- Solution Architect
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI 48201
- Other Location
The Solution Architect's (SA) role is to plan, coordinate, architect, and coach technical teams during the software development life cycle as required to realize the business requirements of the organization. The Solution Architecture discipline defines the application architecture for leading auto business focusing on the mapping of IT capabilities to business needs. The focus is on defining the relationships, flows and implementation of business capabilities (processes/activities/functions, information), applications, data and technology in the organization and the transitional process necessary for implementing technology in response to changing business needs.
The successful candidate must also exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills and have experience interacting with internal technical and business partners as well as external partners. Experience with on-shore and off-shore contractors is a big plus.
- The Solution Architect creates and maintains architectural best practices, addressing application, data and technology in the context of business processes across the division.
- The position provides leadership direction and accountability for strategic application architecture plans, system design, and implementation.
- The Solution Architect collaborates with other architects, the technology delivery team and the technology infrastructure team to define architectural approaches and solutions, conducts business reviews, document current systems in the portfolio, and recommends how to proceed with the applications (replace, retire, maintain, etc.).
- The position develops and tailors application design concepts and implementation plans for the efficient transformation of the current application portfolio.
- The SA is also responsible for developing and maintaining application design patterns, overseeing the development of application components and overseeing performance and security testing of application modules and interfaces.
- This role will also identify emerging trends, provide thought leadership in software engineering to the application/project.
- Mandatory - 5+ years’ formal solution architecture design and implementation experience.
- 5+ years of architectural governance.
- 5+ years developing and implementing application strategies and patterns.
- 10+ years overall IT experience involving: Agile Methodologies Object Oriented Analysis and Design Patterns.
- Capacity Planning for High Availability: Application Servers, ESB, and Database Continuous Integration Test Automation DevOps Microservices.
- Must have excellent communication skills written as well as verbal; must be able to articulate the value proposition of solution/services to senior teams from client/prospect.
- Must be able to translate business requirements into technical requirements and solutions by planning, developing and refining to-be architecture.
- Must have ability to estimate development effort.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task Prefer some experience in database schema design and development.
- Prefer some experience in design and development of event processing based applications