Manager of Operations - ATM and Card Technology
- Job Title
- Manager of Operations - ATM and Card Technology
- Job ID
- Lathrup Village, MI 48076
- Other Location
The ATM and Card Operations Manager is responsible for administering and managing the ATM and Debit Card systems, networks and team. The ATM and Card Operations Manager will provide oversight regarding the handling and managing of the ATM’s and electronic fund transfer to the highest quality standards and advising senior management on network related matters.
Responsibilities include: ensuring the service level standards are met resulting in an exceptional member experience; managing a team of network technicians; interacting with internal teams and drafting development plans for product enhancements and network mandates as necessary; acting as a liaison between the business and the credit union’s members; providing guidance and training on network operating regulations to internal and external customers; attending various network meetings; reviewing, evaluating and communicating network compliance release impacts described in technical letters, operational and update bulletins and other network communications; working with the business line to identify business impacts for network mandates; and negotiating contracts with card networks, as needed
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists staff as needed to perform all duties related to ATM and Debit Card activities to ensure efficient service to members and team members at all levels.
- Demonstrates continues Improvement: Service Quality, Monitoring, Process efficiencies.
- Manages multiple complex vendor relationships, product enhancements and new product releases, ensuring products and services are functioning with maximum efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory compliance requirements.
- Financial/Budget management
- Ensures reconciliation of general ledgers from branch personnel, foreign networks, and ATM/Card team members for the ATM/Debit program are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures that credit union procedures and job tools related to ATM/Debit services are updated regularly and made available as a resource and reference for team members.
- Directly supervises team members in the ATM/Card Services team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities may include interviewing and making hiring recommendations; training team members; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and information, and appropriate legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from management or members, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write reports, speeches or articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to read and interpret documents produced by the computer system, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write policy statements, procedural and operating manuals, and speak effectively before groups of team leaders.
- Knowledge of all credit union departmental procedures and ability to adjust computer parameters to conform to policy changes.
- Ability and willingness to work alone, and irregular hours and days in support of a 24/7 member service offering and mindset.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, including a full working knowledge and ability to utilize the following software programs:
- Word Processing (i.e. Microsoft Word, WordPerfect)
- Spreadsheet (i.e. Excel, Lotus, Quattro Pro
- Financial management software, as might be applicable from time to time to the service delivery function of the credit union.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, computer science or management information systems. Specific Leadership, Management or Project Management certifications are a plus.
- 5 years of leadership experience leading technical teams ensuring that the ATM/Card Services of the Credit Union performs according to member and market demands for service and security.
- 3 years of significant project management experience, including infrastructure consolidations and major product and release upgrades.
- 5 years’ experience managing external service providers and contract resources.
- Must have experience managing a vendor network.
- Knowledge of ATM and Debit Card regulations and Best Practices.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A proven track record of achieving extraordinary results in challenging environments.
- Experience with managing service levels to achieve extraordinary performance.
- A respected reputation for partnership and collaboration with Technology service partners and the internal lines of business.
- Absolute commitment to ensuring the team meets all audit and regulatory internal controls requirements.
- Demonstrated competence in leading managers and teams and building teamwork to achieve exceptional results.
- Financial Institution experience is preferred
- Fully knowledgeable in credit union terminology and acronyms commonly utilized in the day to day communication of staff, policymakers and others involved in the credit union system.