Senior Systems Architect
- Job Title
- Senior Systems Architect
- Job ID
- Charlotte , NC
- Other Location
The Subject Matter Expert -- Oracle Exadata system admin, Enterprise Manager 13c. The individual will provide and implement technical strategies in the designing, implementing, administering, maintaining and performance tuning Exadata systems and related technologies including EM 13c and ZDLRA. One participates with members to identify and clarify strategy road map, address gaps, define and execute related policy/procedures and pursue improvement opportunities. This position is expected to work independently with minimal guidance and assistance with the technology supported.
- Review business /applications challenges, lead discussion for future solution plan.
- Define patching strategy and steps for each patch need for Exadata and ZDLRA.
- Maintaining a strong security profile with patching, updates and audit logs.
- Administering and documenting user accounts and maintaining authentication controls.
- Support capacity, backup/recovery, and other testing/POC work Perform day to day support for customers, including assisting users and resolving problems from customers, performance tuning, project support work.
- Perform reviewing and researching for problems proactively.
- Design assistance and consulting including identification and documentation of design concerns related to performance, security, auditability, availability, and recoverability.
- Document best operation practice, processes and perform demos.
- Monitoring capacity growth trend and licenses usage.
- Searches for and identifies alternative and/or innovative solutions to technical and business problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related field.
- 6 years of database administration experience.
- Exadata SME with sufficient knowledge of managing Exadata machine.
- Understands standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to database development and administration.
- Understand oracle database backup/recovery concept and hands on experience with RMAN backup. ZDLRA knowledge and exposure are preferred.
- Experience on managing OEM as monitoring tool for Exadata HW and Oracle DBs.
- Familiar with OEM concepts such as targets, matrix and groups etc.
- Knowledgeable and hands on experience with Oracle active data guard (ADG).
- Oracle Golden Gate experience (preferred).
- Working knowledge of business goals, corporate IT standards, strategy, and service level agreements. Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical and performs as effective team member.
- Quickly adapts to multiple demands and rapidly changing priorities Strong problem-solving skills (preferred)