- Job Title
- Data Architect
- Job ID
- Begin Date
- woonsocket/Buffalo Grove/Scottsdale/Richardson, RI
- Other Location
Q1 Technologies, Inc. is looking to hire a Data Architect to join our rapidly growing information technology company.
At Q1 Technologies, Inc., our business is to assist our client in utilizing information technology to gain a competitive advantage. From system integration to contingent workforce solutions, we have enabled our client to exceed their business objectives.
Job Title: Data Architect
Contract Type: W2 Employee | Corp 2 Corp
Work Location: Woonsocket, RI, Buffalo Grove, IL, Scottsdale, AZ, Richardson, TX
Duration: 12 Months
- The Data Architect provides architectural strategy and roadmap, contributes to reference architecture development and guidance. This position is a highly technical position with responsibilities to lead the architectural design enabling enterprise applications to meet (or exceed) the organization business goals. The Data Architect also involves in identifying the emerging technologies for database solutions (MS SQL, Opensource databases) to tackle the challenges ahead to ensure that enterprise applications maintain high operational thresholds This opportunity can be located in Richardson, TX; Woonsocket, RI; Florham Park, NJ; Buffalo Grove, IL; or Scottsdale, AZ.
- 7+ years knowledge of SQL architecture all versions
- 5+ years knowledge of VMware architecture
- 4+ years knowledge of backup technologies (to tape, data domain etc…)
- 4+ years knowledge of storage technologies and replication
- 6+ years of SQL experience writing queries, stored procedures, triggers, views, etc.
- 4+ years of SSIS experience (2008, 2012, 2014)/data integration
- 3+ years of SQL Server Management Studio
- Strong experience with performance optimization and tuning with database applications
- Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral, listening and writing) skills are required, especially to non-technical and senior leadership audiences
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and prioritize competing projects, initiatives and requests
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to communicate all aspects of the requirements, including the creation of formal documentation
- Introduce database technologies which benefits the organization
- Experience with HA/DR for based on the criticality of the application
- MCDBA track certifications are required; SQL MVP status is big plus
- Microsoft Certifications a plus [Microsoft Certified Architect (MCA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Master (MCSM)
- Oracle knowledge a plus
- MariaDB/MySQL knowledge a plus
- DB2 knowledge a plus
- NO SQL Database knowledge and/or open source database knowledge a plus
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Programming or other IT related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Required Skills
Data Architecture, SQL architecture, VMware architecture