The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
Special Education Teacher FT-18/19
- Job Title
- Special Education Teacher FT-18/19
- Job ID
- Douglas, AZ 85607
- Other Location
Futures Education of The Futures Healthcore (Futures) is seeking a Special education teacher to provide academic services to our students with special needs.
Provide direct support to students in a classroom by delivering instruction and ensuring learning through a variety of teaching models and strategies.
· Ensure appropriate accommodations to the curriculum, lessons and learning environment. Instruction can be provided within the regular classroom setting, resource setting, or small classroom setting.
· Design classroom activities and lessons with multiple levels so that all students both meet their IEP goals, as well as access the general education curriculum.
· Formally and informally assess the student learning (rather than relying solely on standardized curriculum) to create a comprehensive learning program.
· Set high expectations that are suitable for the students. Assessments may be differentiated based on each individual education plan. This may require developing alternative assessments.
· Work collaboratively with General Education teachers, the grade-level team, and other staff, to plan, share student work and ensure that instruction is aligned with identified common core curriculum and standards.
· To promote respect for others.
• Individual must possess a Bachelor's degree; Master's Preferred from an accredited college or university, a valid cross-categorical special education teaching certificate or proof of eligibility, and the ability to fulfill requirements to be Highly Qualified under NCLB.
- Experience in dealing with Severe Behaviors
To apply for this Special Education Teacher position in Douglas, AZ. please contact Chris McDaniels @ 413-349-4077 or Email: email@example.com
- Required Skills
Arizona Teaching Certification
Special Education Endorsement
Master's Special Education Preferred