Chief Information Security Officer
- Job Title
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Job ID
Blackmere Consulting is one of the nation’s leading Cybersecurity Focused Executive Search Firms. Our executive search team has been placing Director, VP, and C-Suite I.T. Leadership for Global Fortune 500 clients for over 20 years. We’ve been engaged by a global Consumer Goods Retailer to recruit & hire a CISO at their East-Coast Headquarters. This client is over $10B in annual revenue and is global in nature. Truly, this is an exciting opportunity to join an established global leader with highly recognizable brands and help shape their IT Security Future!
The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) will lead our client’s Global Information Risk and Cyber Security organization, reporting into the Global CIO. Significant stakeholder relationships and accountability include regional CIOs, Integrated Architecture, Integrated Service Delivery, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Audit Executive, and Chief Legal Counsel.
This leader is responsible for the strategy and execution of a comprehensive information risk management plan that will help to protect all significant our client business activities, systems, and information worldwide. The individual will design the organization, the capabilities and the security roadmaps necessary to measure and report risk and compliance, monitor and respond to threats, and deliver programs, projects, and policy which mitigates reputational risks, operational risks, and compliance risks. The overall scope of accountability for this position will include information security and risk management, governance & compliance, threat vulnerability & incident management, security solutions delivery and security continuity.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Collaborate with the Chief Legal Counsel, Chief Audit Executive and Global CIO to develop and report on the Global Information Risk landscape and applicable regulatory requirements including Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, EU Safe Harbor, Sarbanes Oxley and applicable local privacy laws.
- Enable our client strategy execution by delivering policy and awareness, risk assessment, and security solutions engineering in a timely and efficient manner for our client Corporate, Retail / Direct to Consumer, wholesale Business Partners, and Supply Chain.
- Develop and deliver risk assessments and maintain plans to remediate risks, enable security capabilities, and respond to cyber incidents and inquiries.
- Apply a formal set of industry accepted, risk management processes and information protection frameworks to identify various security concerns, gaps and remedial actions, which mitigate risks to the execution of corporate strategy and reputational concerns.
- Leverage industry best practices, and emerging approaches to drive global synergies for Information Risk Management and Cyber Security Operations, worldwide.
The CISO must be able to influence others and drive meaningful change in a global organization where the infrastructure and application functions report to other leaders. The CISO must be able to quickly assess and manage through complexities due to our client’s global diversity, varied ethnic cultures, breadth of product categories and consumers, diversity of go to market business and geographically driven business priorities. He/she must be comfortable engaging in regular interactions and meaningful dialog with business executives and technology specialists, worldwide. The CISO will lead a geographically dispersed team that is responsible for global risk assessment, cybersecurity operations, solution engineering and compliance activities. This team will interact regularly with corporate audit teams, GBT leaders, analysts and engineers and provide them with full audit support and guidance on information risks and controls. His/her team will develop action plans, schedules, status reports, budgets and other communications intended to measure and improve the effectiveness of our client’s protection posture, industry threat information and vulnerability management. The team will work with the internal legal counsel to develop and distribute security policy.
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)