Senior Software Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
Senior Software Engineer
Seeking experienced full-stack Sr. Software Engineer to join the Agile Remarketing team. Strong front or back-end experience with demonstrated understanding and willingness to learn broader stack will be considered. Primary responsibilities will be focused on supporting the digital transformation and white-label enablement effort for SmartAuction platform. This role will be integral in all parts of the SDLC, including interfacing with product owners for user story clarification, backlog grooming, story sizing, sprint planning, task breakdown, design, development, and testing. Solid design, integration, and architectural patterns experience strongly preferred. Successful candidate drives quality through continual improvement, relies on experience and judgement to accomplish goals, exhibits strong communication and interpersonal skills, works well under pressure and aggressive timelines, and thinks beyond the day-to-day activities to keep big-picture objectives in mind. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, along with a willingness to perform code reviews, mentor team members, and work in a pair-programming environment.
- Experienced Agilist who will embrace and expand Agile practices through thought-leadership and integrating industry best practices.
- Deep understanding and application of Agile approaches and techniques, such as XP, Scrum, Kanban, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, etc.
- Design, develop, test, support and debug new or enhanced software Write clean, quality, and testable applications that supports rapid delivery via Continuous Integration, Delivery, and automated deployments.
- Find creative and innovative approaches to complex problems while working, learning, and collaborating in a cross-functional agile team.
- Be passionate and continue to advance software craftsmanship within Size/estimate user stories/tasks and assist in the development of a continuous release strategy.
- Contribute to the successful completion of deliverables on time and within budget.
- Perform root cause analysis, provide efficient production support, and maintain/enhance existing applications Interact and communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Create and review technical documentation and specifications, as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in a similar role, with increasing responsibility and technical expertise.
- Demonstrates developmental knowledge of coding, testing, supporting and debugging in a pragmatic agile environment.
- Possesses knowledge of enterprise platforms and operating systems.
- Able to interface and collaborate with business partners as well as internal and external technical teams. Articulate business requirements and objectives and translate those into software development solutions.
- Is passionate about developing, configuring, connecting and integrating systems in a complex enterprise application environment.
- Grasps new technologies and can adapt to rapid shifts in priorities.
- Self-motivated, self-starter with clear communication skills who thrives working in a team environment.
- Experienced full stack development with as many of the following as possible: OpenShift/Docker/Kubernetes, Micro Services, Spring/Spring Boot, Angular, CSS/HTML5, Responsive Design, Oracle RDBMS, ElasticSearch, ActiveMQ/Kafka, REST, Hibernate, Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, VersionOne, JUnit, Selenium, Confluence, SonarQube, Contrast.