Software Engineer (Java or other OO Languages) - Contract
- Job Title
- Software Engineer (Java or other OO Languages) - Contract
- Job ID
- Birmingham, AL 35243
- Other Location
Title: Software Engineer (Java or other OO Languages)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Under moderate supervision, participates in the technical design and implementation of new products or enhancements. Participates in all phases of the development cycle: concept, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, release to QA and implementation.
- Minimum of five years of technical experience in software development.
- Experience with Java or other OO languages.
- Experience with SQL Server or other DBMSes.
- What is your experience with Unit Testing / Test Automation.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, software engineering, or computer science degree.
- Experience with Atlassian products, or other task/organizational tools.
- Experience with working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) processes.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require research.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project effort estimates.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.