Systems Engineer/Administrator (Splunk) - Contract
- Job Title
- Systems Engineer/Administrator (Splunk) - Contract
- Job ID
- Lenexa, KS 66215
- Other Location
Title: Systems Engineer/Administrator (Splunk)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Our client is a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services primarily for the financial services industry. They are seeking a Systems Engineer to join thier growing team! The Systems Engineer participates in the planning, design, and implementation of enterprise monitoring and security systems. This individual provides System Administration while optimizing/ enhancing our Splunk environment to ensure it is ready for the future demand. The Systems Engineer will also partner with other teams to ensure data centers, network architectures, and systems designs will work with a high degree of interoperability and resilience.
The selected candidate will be an integral part of a highly skilled team of individuals that are dispersed among 4 different geographic locations. This is a close-knit team that collaborates well and works together to find success on multiple projects.
To find success in this role you must have experience with enterprise SIEM products. The Systems Engineer will also be competent in information security principles and theory.
- Minimum of 18 months experience as a Systems Engineer or Administrator in an enterprise environment
- Minimum 12 months experience with Splunk administration
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Good knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts and principles.
- General knowledge of company products and services.
- Good communication and customer interaction skills.
- Basic project management skills.
- Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Able to multi-task and resolve issues.
- Requires the ability to work in stressful installation environments.
- Understand the need to regard confidential customer and company information.
- A good understanding of the basic principles of network theory and design.
- A good understanding of the basic principles of information security theory and design.
- Provide operational system administration support for enterprise applications in a high availability, 24x7x365 environment.
- Assists with IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs in support of one or more functional areas.
- Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software.
- Perform troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis.
- Monitor alerting systems and servers.
- Review issues logs and network capacity reports to identify trends and solutions that should be implemented enterprise-wide.
- Maintain in-depth documentation of activities and system configuration.
- Assists with the preparation of systems assessments or certifications.
- Assists with the execution of test processes and scenarios, track results, and make recommendations of system fixes.
- Assist with network disaster recovery initiatives. Implement solutions to streamline disaster recovery.