National Account Manager
- Job Title
- National Account Manager
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL 63026
- Other Location
NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (B2B, B2G)
Downtown Chicago, Illinois (IL)
Experienced Sales Leader to build a new sales channel within B2B, Hospitals and Educational facilities, providing non-lethal self-defense training and market-leading personal protection products to protect employees in potentially high-risk scenarios.
Talent Orchard LLC has been retained by the market leader in personal non-lethal protection equipment, personal safety and home security to law enforcement and the consumer to identify a Chicago based National Account Manager who will be tasked with developing a totally new market segment. Leveraging the products and training solutions provided by Security Equipment Corporation the Account Manager will develop new business opportunities through the provision of non-lethal protection for employees within potentially vulnerable sectors such as the workplace, hospitals, and schools or colleges. With an initial focus on the Chicago Market, this role has the potential for exponential growth leading to the development of a national model.
Founded in 1975, our client is the world’s largest pepper spray manufacturer, providing best-in-class personal safety, home security and law enforcement products, proudly manufactured entirely in the United States.
The National Account Manager in this capacity is responsible for identifying, planning, developing, managing relationships with key accounts and prospects to achieve corporate sales volume and profitability goals. The ability to navigate commercial client opportunities and those within not-for-profit and State/Local Government will be a key factor in positioning a new and innovative solution designed to provide a level of effective protection and support to critical resources.
Reporting to the CEO, the National Account Manager is responsible for acquiring new accounts and leveraging existing relationships to develop a new channel within the current client base. This position requires a strategic approach with a motivated and winning attitude. Under the direction of the CEO, the National Account Manager will research, identify, pre-qualify, plan, develop, and manage relationships within new accounts both commercial, within healthcare and education, to achieve corporate sales volume and profitability goals.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement strategic plans to meet sales and profit objectives
- Identify initial target clients in business, healthcare and education sectors and the strategy necessary to get in front of the decision makers with the right value proposition.
- Develop materials and partner with Marketing to create the collateral needed to position a new service/solution.
- Manage the sales cycle – strategic planning, relationship development, product line reviews, closing, and managing vendor and item form submissions
- Analyze current clients of Security Equipment Corporation to identify targets where a trusted introduction may facilitate a quick sales opportunity.
- Work with sales team on data trends, consumer forecasting, and internal forecasts to ensure efficient supply inventory
- Manage products including new product development, providing feedback from customers and potential customers to enhance product performance
- Coordinate the involvement of operations and marketing to ensure all commitments are met
- Develop in-depth knowledge of competitive products and assist in specifying market requirements for current and future products
- Coordinate tradeshows for assigned accounts. Perform product demonstrations at trade shows and other events. Assist with the development of innovative marketing programs and show event campaigns
- Plan, budget, and schedule travel as needed
- Work with CRM to manage customer and prospect account base
- Work with office and production teams to coordinate orders and logistics for your accounts
- Provide top-notch customer service and communication to all accounts developed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- 5 + years of B2B sales experience, within the product sector, including current relationships with targets within the Chicago marketplace.
- Prior experience selling to the government, hospital systems or education institutions preferred.
- Must be able to travel frequently (30-50%)
- Excellent communications, relationship-building, sales, and customer service skills that generate results
- Must be highly organized with excellent attention to detail and good time management capabilities
- Must have an entrepreneurial drive, business acumen, and keen negotiating skills
- Self-driven with the ability to excel under pressure
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Position requires working out of the Chicago Loop Office.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.