Regional Director of Operations
- Job Title
- Regional Director of Operations
- Job ID
- Chula Vista, CA 91914
- Other Location
The Regional Director of Operations is responsible for directing, coordinating and controlling all aspects of the operating functions, processes, and staff of the facility while demonstrating the primary goal of efficiently providing oncology services that exceed customer expectations and improve clinical and financial operations. The Regional Director of Operations shall act as the focal point to work cross functionally in cooperatively establishing and achieving short and long-term strategic objectives.
Managing business operations, employee and physician relations, improving profitability, cash flow and quality of patient services, executing growth initiatives
The following description of the essential functions are intended to reflect the major responsibilities of the job, but is not intended to describe the minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Manage daily activities using key performance metrics to ensure optimal clinical care is delivered and operating results are achieved.
- Directs the development and implementation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon organization goals and objectives and reports all outcomes accordingly.
- Ensures development and establishment of policies, procedures and objectives and ensures their adequate execution, compliance and update.
- Evaluates general and specific business conditions as they relate to operational issues, and keeps the Senior Management team fully advised on these matters.
- Responsible for quality improvement, program evaluation and fiscal management of the facility.
- Responsible for maintaining quality services and public relations while meeting financial goals and growth objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring, analyzing, assessing and communicating organization progress.
- Participate in marketing activities to develop community relationships with physicians and various referral sources.
- Supports clinical educators in their role with referring physician outreach activities under the direction of the Vice President of Clinical Education and Marketing.
- Develops expansion plan and recommends expansion of service area and development of new and profitable business ventures.
- Directs business development in the assessment of state and local target markets.
- Lead the center staff to provide the highest quality clinical care and customer service.
- Oversees the employee evaluation process, including but not limited to performance evaluations, merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions.
- Ensure all center staff members receive training, support and development to achieve company and professional goals.
- Maintains physician/practice relationships via effective communication to physician practice leadership
- Other required duties include quantifying and improving patient satisfaction, employee satisfaction and measuring quality of services delivered.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Act as primary liaison between the center and various support services in Nashville.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years of successful leadership experience in practice management of multiple locations within oncology or healthcare setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare profession, accounting, finance, or related business field.
- Prior P&L experience preferred.
- Demonstrated successful leadership skills in program execution and people management.
Strong leadership and team building skills. Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Strong financial acumen. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments. Bias for action.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Our executive team doesn’t hide the fact that they care. Patients come first. Period. It’s refreshing in today’s business environment to know that the bottom line is more than profits.
There’s nothing better than being part of a team that makes a difference in the world. Every person contributes to the quality of experience our patients and families have.
We prosper as a company when we grow as individuals. We are committed to being the best we can be by empowering our team members to grow personally and professionally.
Commit to something big
There are many benefits to being part of the e+CancerCare team – including competitive pay, health insurance, paid time off, 401(K), ongoing training, team member assistance program and service days. But at the end of the day, we believe the most important benefit is making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
I’ve been with e+ for over seven years. We’ve grown rapidly over that time but haven’t lost the family feeling. I love that any teammate in the company will help each other out to do what’s best for our patients.Chris Burgess, Vice President of Clinical Operations
I am surrounded by an awesome management team, nurses and peers. The home office gives us a lot of autonomy to do what's best for our patients, families and communities.Brittany Fortie, Lead Nurse, Oncologics and Lafayette General Hospital
You hear people say, ''we’re a family,' but at e+ it’s not just words, you actually feel it. Everybody is so happy and caring. I love working here and getting a chance to brighten the day for our patients and families.Jamie Gilbert, Patient Concierge, Oncologics, New Iberia