Network Operations Manager
- Job Title
- Network Operations Manager
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20024
- Other Location
Network Operations Manager
Washington, DC (National Capital Region)
Talent Orchard has been contracted by a top tier defense firm to assist with staffing a brand new contract opportunity and we are seeking a Network Operations Manager to support the implementation of IT shared services for a large government agency. The Network Operations Manager reports to the Operations Manager and provides day-to-day management of Voice, Data, and Video teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field is required with 5 years of experience in managing operations of large, complex networks.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
- Ability to coordinate and manage a multi-vendor, geographically distributed team performing telecommunications network design, implementation, and operations tasks.
- Ability to schedule resources and ensure adherence to design specifications for the installation, removal, and modification of voice, data, and video networks.
- Ability to establish or follow agency processes for audits, equipment disposition, cabling services, environmental monitoring, troubleshooting, firewall management, maintenance, and problem resolution.
- Understanding of basic concepts for network monitoring, performance characterization, incident analysis, and capacity planning.
- Understanding of change management process for maintaining network documentation.
- Knowledge of integration and testing processes for complex, large-scale networks.
- Knowledge of wireless networks, access points, and VPN access options.
- Skill in building work relationships, resolving conflict, managing projects, and promoting process improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to interact with senior agency management on a daily basis.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks on short notice within established deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems and willingness to work engineering and other support teams.
- Expertise in commercial service desk systems (e.g. BMC Remedy or ServiceNow) to track and resolve all service requests.
- Ability to manage a 24/7 team, including hiring, training, and shift planning.
- Ability to update online knowledge management systems with incident analysis and resolution information.
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skill set, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #NetworkOperationsManager @DCjobs #ITIL