- Job Title
- Desktop Manager
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20024
- Other Location
Washington, DC (National Capital Region)
Talent Orchard has been contracted by a top tier defense firm to assist with staffing a brand new contract opportunity and we are seeking a Desktop Manager to support the operation of IT shared services for a large government agency. The Desktop Manager reports to the End User Support Manager and is responsible for the daily oversight of the planning, testing, and troubleshooting of desktop hardware and software
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365, commercial desktop tools, and networks to manage a distributed team of desktop engineers.
- Ability to perform shift planning to provide appropriate resources to troubleshoot complex and advanced end user issues with hardware and software and achieve associated SLAs.
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) implementations (e.g. Microsoft and VMware)
- Knowledge of commercial service management system tools (e.g. BMC Remedy and ServiceNow) to review the status of all desktop service requests.
- Consult with Infrastructure Operations team and Quality Manager on desktop performance, testing, or maintenance issues.
- Ability to assist in defining core software image package specifications.
- Ability to design and oversee desktop image testing.
- Knowledge of agency desktop and network requirements to plan, staff, and oversee all Desktop Install, Move, Add, and Change (IMAC) tasks and achieve associated SLAs.
- Report desktop quality metrics to agency, and subcontractor management team.
- Update Knowledge Database with information related to desktop operations, configuration, or licensing issues.
- Experience troubleshooting, testing, and deploying standard endpoint images.
- Experience performing supervisory functions and OJT training is required.
- Knowledge of ITIL is required. ITIL certification is desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required.
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skill set, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #DesktopManager @DCjobs