- Job Title
- Desktop Lead
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20024
- Other Location
Washington, DC (National Capital Region)
Talent Orchard has been contracted by a top tier defense firm to assist with staffing a brand new contract opportunity and we are seeking a Desktop Lead to support the operation of IT shared services for a large government agency. The Desktop Lead reports to Desktop Manager and is responsible for providing technical expertise to support the planning, testing, and troubleshooting of desktop hardware and software.
- AA Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience; Or, High School and five (5) years related experience with relevant certification.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
- Technical expertise in Microsoft 365, commercial desktop tools, and networks to provide advanced assistance to the distributed team of desktop engineers.
- Hands on troubleshooting skills for complex and advanced end user issues with hardware and software to achieve associated SLAs.
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) implementations (e.g. Microsoft and VMware).
- Knowledge of commercial service management system tools (e.g. BMC Remedy and ServiceNow) to ensure the accuracy of ticket updates from the desktop engineering team.
- Ability to assist in defining core software image package specifications.
- Ability to consult on desktop image test plans, perform hands on testing, and ensure accuracy of all test results.
- Ability to apply hardware and software knowledge to provide advanced technical assistance for all Desktop Install, Move, Add, and Change (IMAC) tasks and achieve associated SLAs.
- Ability to use commercial service management system tools (e.g. BMC Remedy and ServiceNow) to collect data for desktop quality metrics reports.
- Experience troubleshooting, testing, and deploying standard endpoint images.
- Experience performing supervisory functions and OJT training is required.
- Knowledge of ITIL is required. ITIL certification is desired.
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skill set, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #DesktopLead @DCjobs