Corporate Sanitation Manager
- Job Title
- Corporate Sanitation Manager
- Job ID
Manager of Corporate Sanitation
Overview: We are working with a large food manufacturer in the Midwest that is looking for a Corporate Sanitation Manager. This is newly created role that will act as the resource for the plant level sanitation teams, conduct internal audits, and assist with 3rd party audits. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge/experience with CIP, COP, SQF & FSMA. This role is a great step for someone looking to expanded their leadership skills and be in a corporate position.
- Works cross functionally with the organization on a plant level & corporate level
- Company resource within this division of the organization that provides technical guidance to manufacturing facilities in matters of sanitation and environmental issues
- Works to develop 3rd party standards with suppliers and operations
- Reviews sanitation programs to deliver comprehensive and effective plans across the organization
- Gives mentoring, direction and technical support to assure sanitation plans are implemented.
- Coordinate with facilities to ensure they have the tools and capabilities to comply with necessary regulations, company protocol and procedures.
- Conduct sanitation audits at sites and discuss results with necessary managers and develop action plants. Assures correct record keeping of results and develop recording mechanisms that meet regulations and keep other company leadership informed.
- Identify compliance gaps
- Coordinates with operations and engineering to detect capital expense needs associated with sanitation concerns
- Provide technical support and advice operations management on the effectiveness of sites sanitation programs (SSOPs)
- Lead the design of equipment and setting standards for maintaining and cleaning equipment
- Implement pest management programs
- Reviews sanitation reports for all plants
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required in a related food.
- Five plus years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Five plus years’ experience managing quality/sanitation programs
- Strong mentor and leadership qualities are needed
- Proven experience with 3rd party audits/customer audits and internal audits
- Experience working with vendors such as Ecolab or Hydrite
- Strong knowledge & experience in CIP, CIP - knowledge of wet/dry cleaning methodologies
- Working knowledge of environmental sanitation issues
- Experience setting up Master Sanitation Schedules
- Past experience with FSMA and SQF
- Willing to travel up to 40-60%. 80% of the travel will be planned – will be able to control own travel schedule to a significant degree