Are you Patient? Kind? Compassionate? Do you enjoy helping others and want to make a difference in your community? At Cardinal Hayes Home and Hayes Day School, we care for, educate, and empower individuals with developmental disabilities.
We have Full-Time, Part-Time and Per-Diem positions in various areas of Dutchess County (Amenia, Clinton Hollow, LaGrange, Millbrook, Pleasant Valley, and Red Hook).
In addition to a rewarding and meaningful career...
Employee Benefits Include:
• Competitive salary
• Affordable & comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance - with no deductibles!
• 403(b) retirement plan
• Life and disability insurance
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Training, development, and advancement opportunities
Join us in transforming lives and helping individuals achieve their greatest potential in a caring, supportive, and team-oriented environment.
Cardinal Hayes Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Physical Therapy Assistant (PT, Flexible Schedule!)
- Job Title
- Physical Therapy Assistant (PT, Flexible Schedule!)
- Job ID
- Millbrook, NY 12545
- Other Location
Hayes Day School, based in Millbrook, NY, is a state-of-the-art facility serving 60 students with multiple intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are seeking an experienced Physical Therapy Assistant to provide treatment to help our students reach their maximum potential in a supportive and therapeutic setting.As the Physical Therapy Assistant, you will work Part Time, approximately 20 hours per week between 8:30-3:30, but your schedule can be flexible to fit your availability.
Pay: You will earn $25 - $27 per hour, based on experience.Join us in transforming lives and helping individuals achieve their greatest potential in a caring, supportive, and team-oriented environment.What you'll do as the Physical Therapy Assistant:
What's required of you:
- Provide treatment for students with multiple physical and developmental disabilities as determined by the Physical Therapist and by the student’s IEP
- Provide services in a flexible manner in the classroom and/or treatment room depending on the activity and unique needs of the student
- Provide use of adaptive equipment as appropriate for the student
- Collaborate with all team members, under direction of the Physical Therapist, in order to consider physical, medical, sensory, vision, communication and behavioral needs of each student and how these needs may affect his/her physical needs
- Attend classroom team meetings, CSE meetings and residential meetings as needed
- Complete written work as required for progress notes, residential notes and annual notes
- Provide input to the Physical Therapists while they evaluate annual and triennial re-evaluations as needed
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Apply NOW for immediate consideration!Equal Opportunity Employer
- Current NYS Certified Physical Therapy Assistant
- At least two (2) years of experience providing physical therapy under the direct supervision of a Physical Therapist (doesn’t have to be in a school setting)
- Experience working with individuals with severe physical/developmental disabilities is strongly desired
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Basic computer skills and ability to speak, read, and write in English