The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
- Job Title
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- until filled
- Starke, FL 32091
- Other Location
The Linemen is responsible for performing skilled work in the maintenance, operation and repair of overhead and underground electrical distribution and transmission systems. This position maintains and operates a variety of specialized equipment and vehicles.
- Installs, maintains and repairs overhead and underground electrical distribution systems including framing and erecting lines, stringing conductors, and installing transformers, pole mount and pad mount.
- Strings and splices transfer and sag wires and connects to transformers.
- Builds infrastructure; measures frames and sets poles and transformers.
- Connects and reconnects service to new and existing customers.
- Cuts and removes debris from around power lines.
- Operates boom truck according to safety guidelines.
- Ensures all work orders are responded to in a timely manner, including after hours maintenance requests.
- Maintains required records and documentation.
- Communicates with public and property owners in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensures proper maintenance and repairs on all department equipment.
- Ensures work areas and equipment are clean and well-maintained including office areas, supply room and department vehicles.
- Conducts visual inspections of public areas to ensure proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained. Responds to citizen calls.
- Communicates to purchasing when inventory or parts need to be replenished. Restocks supply room.
- Completes special projects and assignments given by the Supervisor or City Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Equipment Operation – able to learn to operate large equipment including, but not limited to, back hoe, dump truck, mini-excavator, sewage excavation truck, etc.
- Customer Service – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to targeted customer base.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated, passionate, and team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Organization & Time Management – able to work independently with minimal supervision, planning, scheduling and organizing professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail.
- Analytical Problem-Solving & Decision Making – able to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, present findings and make thoughtful recommendations considering overall risk
- Required Skills
Skill Requirements: (X = Required for job)
Typing/computer keyboard X Verbal communication
Utilize computer software (specified above) Written communication
Retrieve and compile information Public speaking/group presentations
X Maintain records/logs Research, analyze and interpret information
X Verify data and information Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
X Organize and prioritize information/tasks Leadership and supervisory, managing people
Operate office equipment X Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
X Advanced mathematical concepts (fractions, decimals, ratios, percentages, graphs) Abstract mathematical concepts (interpolation, inference, frequency, reliability, formulas, equations, statistics)
Physical Requirements: (X = Required for job)
Sitting for extended periods X Lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds various items
X Standing for extended periods X Lifting/carrying more than 20 pounds various items
Extended periods viewing computer screen X Repetitive Motions
X Walking X Pushing/Pulling
X Reading X Bending/Stooping
X Speaking X Reaching/Grasping
X Hearing Writing
Other (List): Other (List):
Hazards: (X = Required for job)
Normal office environment X Electrical current
X Toxic or caustic chemicals X Housekeeping and/or cleaning agents
X Flammable, explosive gases X Proximity to moving mechanical parts
X Outdoor work environment, exposed to weather conditions