Senior Network Engineer (Clearance Required)
- Job Title
- Senior Network Engineer (Clearance Required)
- Job ID
- Linthicum, MD
- Other Location
Senior Network Engineer
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process and we are searching for a Senior Network Engineer. This role is essentially a Senior Systems Admin with a strong background in Network Operations of 15+ years. Will be considered the SME to junior to mid level staff on setting up routers, switches, virtual channels, etc.
- Installation, administration, and documentation of Cisco and Juniper switches, firewalls, and routers and tools supporting a network infrastructure.
- Will support a high visibility project to aggregate and automate the collection of data from applications residing on different domain classifications of Department of Defense networks and make available to authorized organizations.
- 15 years professional experience with a Bachelor's Degree in a technical related field; 13 years of experience with a Master's degree and 23 years of experience without a degree
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility; may consider Secret to start
- DoD 8570 Certification - minimum Security+ required to start
- Demonstrated Network Engineering experience, including understanding of LAN/WAN operations and TCP/IP concepts
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper switches and routers
- Configuring switches and routers
- Managing Access Control Lists (ACLs)
- Quality of Service (QOS) Functions
- Managing Port Security
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper firewalls
- Monitoring firewall traffic and configuring rule sets
- Experience with tools supporting the network infrastructure such as Splunk, SolarWinds and FireEye
- Experience configuring and managing VLANs
- Experience with IAVA, security checklists
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Working knowledge of the VPN and the Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) that enables VPNs
- CCNA or CCNP
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost @marylandjobs @tsscijobs @MDjobs @topsecretjobs #networkengineer #secretjobs