Xenia Systems is currently hiring for a variety of opportunities. Please see our open positions below and apply for those opportunities that are interest. If you do not see a position matching your skill sets, please feel free to send your resume to Jobs@XeniaSystems.com
- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant
- Job ID
- Barksdale, LA 71037
- Other Location
Xenia Systems, a growing service provider in Northern Virginia, has an opportunity for a Financial Management Administrative Assistant supporting an upcoming federal contract. The main work location will be at the client facility, Barksdale AFB, LA.
Specific Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will assume responsibility for a variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical or administrative functions of the office. Duties may include arranging for staff members to represent the organization at conference and meetings, establish appointment priorities, reschedules or refuses appointments or invitations. Other duties and responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
- Preparing recurring and nonrecurring correspondence, reports, and other documents from information obtained from the staff, such as appointment letters, daily calendar updates, confirmation of Director & Executive Director’s attendance to meetings.
- Updates slides for weekly staff meetings, boards and councils; compiles various documents in preparation for upcoming briefings; distributes, reviews and tracks Officer.
- Enlisted and Civilian performance evaluations and decorations; maintains and updates at least monthly staff internal rosters. Reviews and processes incoming and outgoing correspondence, materials, publications, regulations, and directives.
- Prepares and finalizes various recurring reports, determining and modifying format, content, and frequency requirements. Independently composes and prepares nontechnical correspondence such as requests for information concerning the organization’s mission and programs; office procedures; and letters of acknowledgment, commendation, or notification.
- Anticipates need for information, gathers and summarizes information from files, and systematically prepares material so that it is immediately available.
- Coordinates/forwards correspondence to appropriate office updating the tracking system and suspense files as required.
- Screens incoming physical mail to identify what needs to be brought to the attention of appropriate staff. Reads incoming correspondence, publications, regulations, and directives which may affect the organization to obtain clarification from originating offices when necessary.
- Establishes suspense dates and brings to attention those that cannot be met by requested date or when there is a conflict. Reviews outgoing correspondence prepared by others for procedural and grammatical accuracy, conformance with general policy, and factual correctness.
- Support tasks that requires receiving telephone calls, greeting visitors, and ascertaining the nature of the calls or visits.
- Based upon detailed knowledge of the organization and its programs and operations, determines appropriate action.
- Personally, provides administrative and readily available operational information to callers and visitors upon determination of their rights to receive the information.
- Experience with HQ AFGSC Financial Management Directorate.
- Experience with Air Force/Military.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 4 years of education beyond high school.
- Qualified Typist (at least 50 wpm).
- Secret clearance.