Tier I SAN Administrator (Night Shift) - Maryland - Secret Clearance Required
- Job Title
- Tier I SAN Administrator (Night Shift) - Maryland - Secret Clearance Required
- Job ID
- Emmitsburg, MD
- Other Location
Tier I San Administrator (Night Shift)
Talent Orchard LLC has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process, and we are searching for a Tier I San Administrator with a Secret Clearance to support a DoD Pentagon customer in a remote location near Emmitsburg, MD.
- Provide technical support for the Pentagon Enterprise Storage environment.
- Answer service calls, open and escalate customer tickets, perform initial troubleshooting of workstations, servers, fiber channel switches, IP switches and storage arrays.
- Responsible for routing tickets accordingly to Tier II and Tier III support staff within the Storage Services Branch.
- Provide excellent customer service delivery and must have exceptional attendance and punctuality.
- Support a team environment by being flexible on covering shifts or traveling to remote sites on occasion should the need arise.
- Document all work in a timely and detailed manner.
- Perform proactive support of the client following proper process and procedure routines.
- Complete project work assigned by their Manager.
- Assist in providing weekly status reports of all client activity.
- Communicate effectively with management and customers, regarding client issues, project related requests, research requests, new product implementations and procurement.
- Document client environment, changes, requests.
- Interact with customers, engineers and vendors resolving issues with storage connections and clustering capabilities.
- Escalate incidents IAW with processes and procedures.
- Make changes to monitoring software policies, thresholds, and alarm values.
- Troubleshoot EMC or equivalent SAN equipment, Cisco and Brocade Switches.
- Ongoing interaction with EMC, Cisco and Brocade support to resolve issues.
- Maintain, tune, and patch systems for optimum performance and security.
- Storage and Network Connectivity Monitoring and Management.
- Coordination of internal and external communications.
- Dispatch and coordinate support engineers.
- Troubleshoot Windows servers and workstations.
- Create contacts and mailboxes in Microsoft Exchange.
- Monitor and report on storage and network system status.
- Update process documentation and work instructions.
- Relocate enterprise applications between geographically dispersed locations.
- Participate in monthly routine maintenance tasks.
- Migrate or upgrade systems, where applicable.
- Install, configure, and manage the Windows operating systems and related tool sets.
- Active Secret Clearance required to start
- Security + CE certification in good standing
- High School/GED with 2+ years of directly related experience and training
- 1+ years of experience in computer/network operations, equipment/network maintenance, and configuration upgrading or specialized workstation operation activities
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of Windows operating systems
- Application support for Microsoft Office and other standard installations
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
Additional Preferred Skills/Knowledge Of:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Problem analysis, problem-solving & troubleshooting skills
- Able to plan and organize
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
- Familiarity with ITIL best practices
- Experience with Remedy ITSM
- ITIL Foundations certified
- Knowledge of storage, high availability, and networking technologies
- Understanding of storage and SAN technologies, hardware, software and related tools
- Experience troubleshooting Windows operating systems
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- US Citizen and have a DoD Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI Preferred
- EMC storage technology certification or equivalent
- Hitachi storage technology certification or equivalent
- Familiarity with VMware vSphere
- Knowledge of blade server technology
- Microsoft server and/or workstation certifications
- Familiarity troubleshooting and/or configuring Brocade fibre channel switches
- Experience troubleshooting and/or configuring Cisco switches and routers
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost @secretjobs @MDjobs #SANadministrator #storageadmin