Sr. Manual QA Analyst - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. Manual QA Analyst - Contract
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75025
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Manual QA Analyst
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is looking for a Sr. Manual QA Analyst to join our team in the Frisco/Plano, TX area. In this role, you will be responsible for the quality assurance of new and existing products by executing test plans and scripts to verify that new or modified software programs function according to user requirement. The ideal candidate will have experience testing applications relative to payments or POS platforms. Our team follows an Agile software development methodology, so you will be expected to participate by attending sprint planning meetings and daily scrums, as well as producing test cases.
About Our Team
Our team tests the processing of Check 21, Automated Clearing House (ACH), and credit card transactions from portals such as the SmartPay Business, a merchant facing portal, and the Remote Deposit Anywhere Portal. Additionally, we process payments from web services such as Payment Vault and an XML batch interface called the Real Time Gateway. Finally, we test a mobile offering (Remote Deposit Anywhere Mobile) for Check 21 items that includes Android, iOS and Windows mobile operating systems.
- 4 years of experience in software manual testing.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience testing payment or POS applications.
- General understanding of web services.
- Experience using MTM and Rally.
- Prior experience in testing hardware or mobile applications.
- Prior experience testing web services
- MS SQL Server knowledge.
- Executes and creates test plans and clear, concise scripts for new products or enhancements to existing products. Defines comprehensive scenarios and variations in data to adequately perform testing.
- Schedules and performs functional, integration, regression, and release testing; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected. Reports test results and status as appropriate. Track defects and causal analyses to closure. Acts independently to review and certify test results of other analysts and testers.
- Reviews and provides feedback on requirements, design, or scope documents.
- Helps set standards for test design.
- Interacts with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and development teams to identify and refine test requirements.
- Coordinates and performs highly complex testing projects from initiation through delivery. Ensures that testing projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical departments to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Supports and advocates established testing procedures and may provide input to establish those procedures.
- Prepares test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements. May review test plans and test reports.
- Plans, coordinates, and reports the test activities of others as assigned. Performs test reviews.
- Develops and creates test design frameworks and teaches team members how to implement testing processes.
- Keeps abreast of software industry “Best Practices” and trends and communicates new information to QA team.
- May assist with automated scripts from team members.
- May assist with education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- May lead education and training, alpha and beta testing, and changes for documentation update or correction.
- Cross-trains and mentors less experienced QA team members.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with any software changes for documentation update or correction.
- May assist with alpha and beta testing, may prepare enhancement test plans used at beta site.