Senior Supply Chain Manager
- Job Title
- Senior Supply Chain Manager
- Job ID
Senior Manager of Supply Chain
Overview: We are working with a prominent dairy manufacturer in the Mid-West that is looking to fill a supply chain position on their executive team. This role directs supply chain management while managing all levels of purchasing, production planning, inventory, scheduling, shipping and receiving. This position will focus on development and changes to current practices in areas such as: vendor approval & negotiations, purchasing, inventory, and warehousing. Please apply if interested!
- Continue to implement an effective supply chain/production control structure
- Develop processes that will support purchasing of manufacturing supply items.
- Develop product specifications and a vendor qualification and bidding process. Negotiate contracts and competitive prices
- Manage transportation challenges when needed of finished foods.
- Manage internal warehouse and 3rd party warehouses. Determine efficient storage options.
- Drive cost on incoming products transportation. Analyze and track places for improvement.
- Coordinate production scheduling efforts that align with customer demand. Oversee and coordinate production scheduling while ensuring production supplies are available to support the level of planned production.
- Role will oversee the Warehouse department
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 5-7 years minimum of supply chain management experience in a food manufacturing setting
- Must have past experience with purchasing, continuous improvement initiatives, safety practices, & relevant software applications.
- Competent in project management & problem solving. Strategic mind set and technical capacity
- Be able to travel up to 25%
- Familiar with the food processing industry practices & procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus