Network Security Systems Engineer
- Job Title
- Network Security Systems Engineer
- Job ID
- Fairfax, VA
- Other Location
Network Security Systems Engineer
US Citizenship Required
Talent Orchard has been engaged by a top defense firm in their search for a strong Network Security Systems Engineer to support a large newly won Federal Government program. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to join our team and grow your career with one of the top IT services provider in the world.
**Must be open to working at client sites in Washington, DC.**
You will enhance the cyber security posture of 26 civilian government agencies through improved visibility into user credential management. You will actively identify and mitigate a wide range of cyber risks and will also work closely with a wide variety of agencies, learning their mission, priorities, organization and unique challenges. This opportunity will support a dynamic, fast-paced and energetic project running 20+ concurrent implementations.
- Work with a highly technical team focusing on integrating next generation cyber security technologies for a strategic federal customer.
- Activities include hands on administration, implementation and configuration of security tools to enhance the risk posture of customer networks.
- Apply technical expertise in implementing efficiencies and creating strategies to better detect and respond to cyber incidents by prioritizing mitigation actions.
- Ability to collaborate and lead a diverse group of security engineers in developing solutions for complex challenges.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Day-to-day activities include working with customer teams and supporting current tasks and activities.
- Responsibilities include leading customer engineering teams.
- Work closely with customer delivery managers to prioritize daily tasks.
- Participate in technical meetings with customers’ technical specialists.
- Provide Tier 2/3 support for incidents relating to security tools/solutions.
- Continuously improve customers’ security deployments and integrate new technologies and services.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of experience administering Windows, Linux and/or virtual infrastructure to include installation, configuration and maintenance of enterprise networks. Candidates with a Master’s degree must have at least 4 years of experience.
- Extensive experience in implementing security technologies to include: IBM BigFix, Tenable Security Center, Forescout CounterAct, Tripwire, Rapid7.
- Extensive experience in implementing and managing boundary defense technologies to include firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP and other. Specific knowledge of Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Cisco and Fortinet firewall appliances.
- Proven ability to work closely with customer’s network and operations team to resolve issues or security concerns of tools/services.
- An extensive understanding and experience in implementing static/dynamic testing tools, web and database security assessment tools; for example: IBM Appscan, Fortify, Checkmarx, BurpSuite, Appdetective, Guardium.
- Experience with SIEM technologies and managing suite of tools to include Splunk Enterprise Security, QRadar, HP ArcSight and LogRhythm.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance/investigation to start employment.
- Must be able to pass a Company background check to start employment.
- Security relevant certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security, CEH.
- Understanding of federal cybersecurity guidance such as NIST SP 800-37 - Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems: a Security Life Cycle Approach and NIST 800-137 - Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) for Federal Information Systems and Organizations. Understanding of the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation Program (CDM).
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #IDS #networksecurity #systemsengineer @DCjobs @novajobs