Product Engineering Manager
- Job Title
- Product Engineering Manager
- Job ID
- Plymouth, MI 48170
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Product Engineering Manager
- Lead an engineering team responsible for developing and launching automotive exterior lighting products.
- Effectively coordinate communication between all global engineering centers.
- Proven ability to direct multiple engineering and design teams in reviewing customer specifications and develop products that meet customer expectations.
- Ensure validation timelines are met and products meet certification requirements.
- Rapidly develop product design corrections when necessary to address validation concerns.
- Experience using CAD modeling and simulation tools for increasing engineering technology development efficiency and decreasing design cycle times specifically in the areas of optical, thermal, mechanical, electronics, reliability, and cost.
- Fundamental knowledge of plastic part development, electrical, optical, thermal, and mechanical design with depth in at least one technical discipline.
BS/MS- Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, Engineering Management
- Minimum 7 years engineering work experience.
- The ability to work, interface, and communicate with a wide variety of people and groups in different areas of R&D, manufacturing, product engineering, design and marketing.
- Experience in injection molding process. Knowledge in electronic board development, LEDs, lighting, and plastic assembly techniques.
- Knowledge of government regulation for lighting considered a plus.
- Proven leadership skills to effectively staff programs, develop/coach engineers, create work plans and deliver on team commitments.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated core competencies of teamwork, self-development, customer focus, drive for results and integrity and trust.
- Comfortable with direct customer interface and ability to discuss and negotiate engineering deliverables.
- Prefer candidate to have manufacturing launch experience and familiarization with automotive PPAP activities.
- Excellent oral and written skills in both Spanish and English.