QA Manager - Must Be Bilingual **
- Job Title
- QA Manager - Must Be Bilingual **
- Job ID
QA Manager - Must be Bilingual** Spanish/English
Under direction of the Plant Manager, the Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager coordinates and leads all aspects of the Quality Assurance and Food Safety programs. Primary duties include implementing and managing the company’s third-party audits, implementing the HACCP plan, ensuring all employees are trained in and follow Good Manufacturing Practices, conducting internal audits, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Other duties include managing outside contractors and investigating and resolving customer complaints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties as assigned):
- Involved in setting up food safety procedures and ensuring compliance
- Establishes Continuous Improvement initiatives and annual goals for the Quality Assurance program to assure excellent product quality, yield gain, optimal efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Develops tools to report on KPIs, analyze trends, and drive continuous process and quality improvements.
- Reports to Plant Manager and production associates on QA issues, daily dispositions, and resolutions.
- Coordinates company HACCP program implementation, training, recording, and all related issues.
- Responsible to report food safety, quality, and regulatory compliance concerns to plant and management team with authority to initiate actions.
- Oversees, organizes, and conducts internal audits; also works with outside third-party auditing company.
- Manages GMP audits in accordance with HACCP compliance procedures.
- Organizes and oversees all internal product testing, physical and sensory: raw ingredients, packaging components, mid-production, and finished product evaluation.
- Organizes and manages all outside lab testing.
- Responsible for keeping all packaging and records, in compliance with all regulations.
- Manages customers’ complaints, follow-ups, corrective actions, staff training, and credit approvals.
- Works with sales and management on fulfilling customer QA requirements.
- Ensures quality documents and reports are completed and collected regularly.
- Coordinate new plant start-up and product line extension validation process and documentation.
- Manage lab personnel, and authorized processors; train, develop, and help team to prioritize their tasks.
- Manage outside contractors such as Pest Control and uniform vendor.
- Handles confidential information with discretion.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in managing a team of food safety, QA professionals in a food/ personal care/ nutritional supplement/ pharmaceutical manufacturing environment is required.
- Must be Bilingual (English/ Spanish)
- Proven record of success in managing 3rd party audit experience is required.
- HACCP experience is required.
- Experience coaching and mentoring department members.
- Experience with FSMA; able to test finished foods and record requirements for FSMA.
- Proven record of success in applying comprehensive, hands on knowledge of process controls, design of experiments, and root cause analysis.
- Ability to conduct lab analyses, generate data, interpret results, and track trends.
- Proven record of success in implementing process improvements.
- Organized, process-driven, and detail oriented.
- Must be able to perform mathematical calculation and analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and database programs; knowledge of ESHA Genesis a plus.