Natural Resources Program Support SME
- Job Title
- Natural Resources Program Support SME
- Job ID
- ARLINGTON, VA
- Other Location
- Offsite - Pentagon
Assist in strategic planning, interpretation, and evaluation related to NR functions, providing analyses, results, and conclusions in the form of written technical reports, white papers, executive summaries, briefs, presentations, or other deliverable formats as necessary.
The review and analysis of programmatic data and funding includes:
- Conducting complex studies and analyses.
- Evaluating and presenting divergent opinions on issues affecting DoD natural resource management activities.
- Defining and describing policy options, including likely policy outcomes.
- Preparing and reviewing position papers and other documents for compliance with
DoD natural resources policy and guidance, and support of mission activities.
- Reviewing and developing policy positions and responses to actions initiated by other federal offices and agencies that have implications for DoD natural resources policy, program planning, budget decisions, and implementation strategies.
- Preparing briefings, presentations, and decision memoranda in support of deliberations and decisions by senior management.
Provide coordination, communications, representation and outreach support for the NR Program. This includes drafting written technical reports, white papers, executive summaries, briefs, presentations, or other deliverable formats as necessary. Tasks to enhance and improve communications and outreach include:
- Attending workshops, conferences and meetings as needed.
- Participating in working groups, special study task forces, and research teams, as appropriate, and may include developing summaries describing analyses, results, and conclusions.
- Coordinating with staff in other EI&E offices to identify and collaborate on various activities of relevance to the DoD NR Program.
- Monitoring and coordinating with DoD Component activities to ensure that DoD policy and Congressional intent are met, and recommend program and policy changes as necessary.
- Drafting and/or reviewing a wide array of NR Program communications, including informational brochures, posters and other public outreach materials; emails, web postings and tweets; meeting minutes and working group summaries; and any other written communications, as tasked.
- Facilitating meetings, working groups, task forces, and other groups.
- Facilitating coordination and information exchange with DoD SERDP, ESTCP, REPI, WIPT, AFPMB, and other DoD programs.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Adobe and screen capture tools
• Ability to adhere to strict timelines and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Great attention to detail
• Dependability and Teamwork
• Ability to obtain/maintain Secret clearance