Litigation Associate Attorney
- Job Title
- Litigation Associate Attorney
- Job ID
- West Palm Beach, FL
- Other Location
Lewis & Associates is a global professional staffing and recruitment search firm specializing in strategic solutions for Legal and Administrative staffing. We make every effort to ensure the highest degree of professionalism and integrity in the staffing process. Helping companies overcome their staffing challenges, as well as assisting job seekers in finding the perfect position. We understand the demanding role of recruiting to source the highest level of professionals while incorporating proven, innovative, and successful recruiting techniques of the past, present, and future. Since your needs are constantly changing, we want to make getting the help you need as easy as possible.
Our client is a full-service, international law firm that ranks among The American Lawyer’s top U.S. law firms. Their team has earned a solid reputation in complex litigation, regulatory and transactional work. They serve their clients’ interests first, and these clients range from Fortune 500 and middle market public and private companies to start-ups and emerging businesses. Through its wide-ranging international footprint, the firm has received numerous industry recognitions as a global leader in the middle market sector.
The firm team builds collaborative relationships and crafts creative solutions to solve problems - all designed and executed with long-term strategic goals in mind. Among the firm’s many strong practice areas are appellate, aviation, bankruptcy/restructuring/insolvency, business litigation and dispute resolution, class action litigation, consumer finance, corporate and finance transactions, employee benefits, energy, environmental, financial services, fund formation, health care and life sciences, insurance and reinsurance, intellectual property, international, labor and employment, mergers and acquisitions, privacy and cyber security, private equity, public finance, public law, real estate, regulatory, REIT, tax, technology, telecommunications, venture capital, and white collar criminal defense and internal investigations.
In the United States, the firm has an extremely well-recognized presence in Texas, the Northeast, the Midwest, the Southeast and the West Coast in addition to strong offices in Hong Kong and London. The Firm provides national and international clients service across a full range of practices and industries from offices in Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Hartford, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Morristown, New Orleans, New York, Providence, Stamford, Sacramento, San Francisco, Washington D.C. and West Palm Beach.
We are seeking qualified candidates for an Associate position with the Litigation Department of a national law firm, to be based in either the Miami or West Palm Beach office. We expect this associate will also routinely work with lawyers in other firm offices. Ideal candidates have between 2 and 4 years prior associate-level litigation experience. Some Labor & Employment litigation experience would also be beneficial for this candidate.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Strong writing and oral communication skills, and an ability to learn new substantive legal topics as needed are required;
- Knowledge of Florida federal and state court practice, experience preparing answers, motions and other routine filings,
- Significant case management experience.
Candidates for Associate positions must be able to provide effective and reliable legal services to clients and supervising attorneys.
Associates are routinely required to:
- Provide thorough factual and legal research and analysis in pleadings, memoranda, and other written documents;
- Draft pleadings and other case documents;
- Attend hearings;
- Manage matters from commencement to final resolution;
- Competently and professionally communicate with clients and supervising attorneys; and
- Complete tasks efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Strong organization and matter management skills;
- bility to work professionally and effectively with Clients, Partners, Associate and Support Staff;
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team;
- Familiarity with and ability to prepare basic litigation documents;
- Familiarity with federal and state court procedural rules and practices;
- Clear and effective drafting skills;
- Exceptional case management skills;
- Strong negotiating skills.
Juris Doctor. Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in Florida.