Corporate Insurance Associate Attorney
- Job Title
- Corporate Insurance Associate Attorney
- Job ID
- Hartford, CT
- Other Location
Lewis & Associates is a global professional staffing and recruitment search firm specializing in strategic solutions for Legal and Administrative staffing. We make every effort to ensure the highest degree of professionalism and integrity in the staffing process. Helping companies overcome their staffing challenges, as well as assisting job seekers in finding the perfect position. We understand the demanding role of recruiting to source the highest level of professionals while incorporating proven, innovative, and successful recruiting techniques of the past, present, and future. Since your needs are constantly changing, we want to make getting the help you need as easy as possible.
Our client is a full-service, international law firm that ranks among The American Lawyer’s top U.S. law firms. Their team has earned a solid reputation in complex litigation, regulatory and transactional work. They serve their clients’ interests first, and these clients range from Fortune 500 and middle market public and private companies to start-ups and emerging businesses. Through its wide-ranging international footprint, the firm has received numerous industry recognitions as a global leader in the middle market sector.
The firm team builds collaborative relationships and crafts creative solutions to solve problems - all designed and executed with long-term strategic goals in mind. Among the firm’s many strong practice areas are appellate, aviation, bankruptcy/restructuring/insolvency, business litigation and dispute resolution, class action litigation, consumer finance, corporate and finance transactions, employee benefits, energy, environmental, financial services, fund formation, health care and life sciences, insurance and reinsurance, intellectual property, international, labor and employment, mergers and acquisitions, privacy and cyber security, private equity, public finance, public law, real estate, regulatory, REIT, tax, technology, telecommunications, venture capital, and white collar criminal defense and internal investigations.
In the United States, the firm has an extremely well-recognized presence in Texas, the Northeast, the Midwest, the Southeast and the West Coast in addition to strong offices in Hong Kong and London. The Firm provides national and international clients service across a full range of practices and industries from offices in Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Hartford, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Morristown, New Orleans, New York, Providence, Stamford, Sacramento, San Francisco, Washington D.C. and West Palm Beach.
We are seeking well-qualified candidates for an Associate Attorney position with experience in corporate insurance and regulatory matters. We would prefer the candidate to office in Hartford, Connecticut, but will consider New York Office applicants as well. The successful applicant will be part of the law firm’s international insurance regulatory and transactional practice and will work with partners on M&A transactions as well as matters before multiple state regulatory bodies. The ideal candidate will have 3 years or less prior associate-level experience.
Applicants must have excellent research, writing, and analytic skills.
Additionally, at least some of the following skills and experience are required, and all are desired:
- Experience reviewing and drafting contracts, contract terms and related documents in the context of M&A transactions.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing insurance regulations and preparing client advice regarding the same.
- Experience reviewing documents in anticipation of production to regulators.
- Experience relating to insurance company and agent/broker licensing as well as research and preparation of multi-state regulatory surveys.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to analyze complex problems, and communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Strong organization and matter management skills;
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with Clients, Partners, Associates and Support Staff;
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team;
- Clear and effective drafting skills; and
- Good legal research skills.
Juris Doctor. Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in the state they are applying to work in (either Connecticut or New York).