Medical Science Director (Atlanta)
- Job Title
- Medical Science Director (Atlanta)
- Job ID
- Atlanta, GA
- Other Location
Medical Science Director (MSD)
Atlanta, GA (Territory Southern GA and Northern FLA)
Talent Orchard LLC is the retained recruiting partner for Melinta Therapeutics, we are managing the search on behalf of Melinta for a Medical Science Director. This is a salaried role with Melinta with full benefits and a company car.
Finally, utilize your clinical and pharmacology experience, and your passion for improving outcomes for patients suffering from antimicrobial infectious disease to solve real problems! Make your mark by joining Melinta Therapeutics (Nasdaq – MLNT) a rapidly growing biopharmaceutical market leader in the infectious disease sector.
Melinta is the largest pure-play antibiotics company, dedicated to saving lives threatened by the global public health crisis of bacterial infections through the discovery, development and commercialization of novel antibiotics that provide new therapeutic solutions. Its four marketed products include Baxdela™ (delafloxacin), Vabomere™ (meropenem and vaborbactam), Orbactiv®(oritavancin), and Minocin® (minocycline) for Injection. It also has an extensive pipeline of preclinical and clinical-stage products representing many important classes of antibiotics, each targeted at a different segment of the anti-infective market. Together, this portfolio provides Melinta with the unique ability to offer health care providers and patients with a range of solutions that can meet the tremendous need for novel antibiotics treating serious infections. Visit www.melinta.com for more information.
Melinta is the ideal combination of a publicly traded, respected brand coupled with a crystal clear mission and an innovative start-up culture. It is a company that gives its employees the opportunity to act like owners, to innovate and provide actionable feedback. The company is dedicated to breaking the mold of pharmaceutical companies by remaining dedicated to the arena of infectious disease without the distraction of other competing therapeutic channels. If your passion is infectious disease treatment, there is simply no better company to join.
Unlike traditional Medical Science Liaison (MSL) roles, our Medical Science Directors (MSD’s) go beyond delivering data, to really working with healthcare professionals (HCP’s) within the hospital, in a way that has the opportunity to positively impact patient outcomes, with a laser focus on antimicrobial infection and disease.
As a Medical Science Director you will;
Partner with HCP’s within target hospitals and medical institutions, to help combat one of the most serious public health threats , along with other challenging clinical scenarios in the realm of infectious diseases . Through education and scientific exchange, the Medical Science Director will delive meaningful information around Melinta’s suite of antimicrobials. to enhance HCPs’ and KOLs’ knowledge. The MSD will also identify and assist in overcoming perceived institutional barriers to Melinta products by developing and delivering clinical solutions in both inpatient and outpatient settings. The MSD will be accountable to predefined team metrics and is responsible for shaping deliverables for internal stakeholders including customer insights and medical meeting reports, as well as appropriately document unsolicited requests and report adverse events/product complaints.
Are you ready to;
- Be responsible for understanding how hospitals can improve patient outcomes for those who contract antimicrobial infectious diseases?
- Be accountable for leading the scientific discovery and diagnosis process, and developing and delivering solutions to HCPs and KOLs in the leading acute/intensive care hospitals within a specific region within the United States?
- Be responsible for educating the hospital and your colleagues on new solutions, clinical and health economic information, as well as providing feedback from KOLs to improve the value of solutions?
- Manage adverse events and product complaints as appropriate, serve as a medical resource and, as requested, deliver critical medical information for hospital and formulary evaluation?
- Work from a home office within specified territory and travel each week to meet with KOL’s and client stakeholders at their location? Typical expectation of travel is 3-4 days per week, with some overnight travel where necessary owing to distance.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Develop and execute Qualitative Customer Research projects in assigned sites to understand health care provider unmet needs in acute and intensive care infectious disease care pathways.
- Lead HCP round tables and network with professional forums/organizations to discuss challenging clinical issues facing the infectious disease community relevant to Meltina’s mission.
- Develop non-promotional Information Products according to Melinta methods and standards to meet health care provider education and information needs.
- Serve as the medical resource for KOLs and health care providers in assigned hospital sites.
- Engage KOLs and HCPs in scientific exchange on Melinta solutions as appropriate.
- Respond to unsolicited requests for clinical information on our products.
- Manage reports of adverse events and product complaints as appropriate, and provide clinical and health economic education to health care professionals.
- Collaborate across functional boundaries to determine the best solutions to meet health care provider and KOL needs in accordance with Melinta’s corporate compliance guidelines.
- Provide clinical and scientific education to Melinta employees.
- Manage personal expenses in compliance with firm policies and procedures and consistent with local regulatory laws and guidance.
- Build trusted partner level relationships with key HCP’s in every target location within your territory.
- Required: Minimum 5 years clinical experience, post residency and/or fellowship training, in a health care system in infectious diseases with 2+ years of antimicrobial clinical experience strongly preferred.
- Preferred: Establishment or leadership of antimicrobial stewardship program within a hospital setting.
- Preferred: Prior experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical device industry
- Preferred: Experience generating and/or disseminating clinical and health economics information to a variety of health care providers
- Preferred: Experience presenting non-clinical and clinical data to health care providers and extensive interaction with KOL’s and HCP’s.
- MD, PharmD or PhD degree
- Post-doctoral residency or fellowship (Critical Care, Infectious Disease)
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
#medicalsciencedirector #infectiousdisease #criticalcare #hospitals #antimicrobial #PharmD