Scrum Master/Project Manager
- Job Title
- Scrum Master/Project Manager
- Job ID
- Alexandria, VA
- Other Location
Scrum Master/Project Manager
Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been engaged by a top defense firm in their search for a Scrum Master/Project Manager that will provide effective leadership, collaboration, and facilitation supporting the agile development for a study and prototype development project with a Federal government agency. Will lead of developers to task completion and execute all Scrum activities.
- Serve as project manager leading the team in the daily project activities.
- Serve as the Scrum Master to organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Support agile-based SDLC for software development creating necessary standards, tools and best practices.
- Act as liaison between development team, customer organization, and the IT organization.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice.
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs.
- Improve the productivity of the sprint teams.
- Prepare and submit reports and other deliverables
Basic Required Qualifications:
- All qualified candidates MUST be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree (experience accepted in lieu of degree)
- Minimum 9 years' Project Management experience
- Certified Scrum Master with at least one year of Scrum Master experience
- Experience with CA Agile Central (Rally) as an tracking tool
- Previous software development experience with Java and J2EE web-based applications
- Experience working with agile methodologies on a technically complex projects for a large enterprise
- Ability to prioritize and handle changing deadlines
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Exceptional reporting skills
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams in a fast paced environment
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
- Ability to establish rapport with the customer and respond to requests in a professional manner
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #agile #scrummaster #projectmanager #CSM @novajobs @publictrustjobs