Senior Engineering Manager
- Job Title
- Senior Engineering Manager
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Senior Engineering Manager
Washington, DC (National Capital Region)
Talent Orchard has been contracted by a top tier defense firm to assist with staffing a brand new contract opportunity and we are Engineering Manager to support the implementation of IT shared services for a large government agency. By establishing a common operating environment (COE) for all departments within the agency, all users will have access to a service catalog with automated service delivery that is implemented with commercial-grade IT practices. The Engineering Manager reports to the Program Manager and provides day-to-day management to meet all technical, schedule, and cost requirements, including the SLAs for service delivery, for the engineering functions within the Infrastructure Operations task.
- B.S. in Systems Engineering or IT related field
- Minimum 18 years of experience, with at least 10 years of engineering support for IT shared services in a multi-vendor environment.
- Managing service delivery to achieve defined SLAs
- Experience evaluating emerging technologies and contributing to enterprise level technology roadmaps and strategic plans
- Experience performing supervisory functions such as timely approval for time charging, expense reports, and travel plans; performance coaching and feedback; salary administration; and staffing functions
- Use of tools and dashboards to track IT costs, service consumption, and performance against plans
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Ability to direct a large, multi-vendor, geographically distributed team providing engineering support functions for endpoints, network, security, data center design, backup, storage, patch management, integration and test, email, facility moves, field support and enterprise monitoring.
- Ability to apply knowledge of commercial-grade, common IT services and service delivery management processes to an organization of 10,000 users in locations throughout CONUS
- Ability to collaborate with Program Management Office team to identify and apply new technologies to support all of the COE services and functions.
- Ability to collaborate with the Chief Technologist to implement a test lab to meet agency specifications.
- Systems engineering knowledge to contribute to technology evaluations including developing cost-benefit analyses and computing total cost of ownership.
- Capable of communicating with senior executives of the agency, SAIC, and multi-vendor team
- Ability to apply commercial best practices and tools to maintain IT cost tracking, service consumption, and performance against plans
- Knowledge of Organizational Change Management concepts
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance and/or a Secret Clearance
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #IToperationsmanager @DCjobs #ITIL