- Job Title
- Senior Auditor
- Job ID
- Northville, MI 48167
- Other Location
Assist the Internal Audit Department in providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the operations . Perform activities that support the Global Internal Audit projects and the SOX Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Perform internal control and business walk-throughs of processes focusing on fraud, waste, and abuse. Report on weaknesses and improvement opportunities offering recommendations for corrective actions
- Support the company’s operational and compliance efforts to create a more effective, efficient and controlled environment
- Identify opportunities for more efficient and effective processes
- Assist the North American and other Internal Audit managers in identifying, documenting, monitoring and testing the internal controls of the company activities including SOX.
- Assist and preform data analysis internal audit procedures.
- Perform follow-up activities to ensure recommendations are implemented in the field
- Support Internal Audit Managers in preparing, performing and overseeing operational and financial audits by interviewing personnel, evaluating evidence and preparing detailed work papers to support conclusions
- Complete special projects as requested
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and EXPECTATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Master’s degree desirable
- 3-5 years of position related experience.
- Professional certification or pursuit thereof (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA) strongly preferred
- Solid knowledge of COSO Framework and SOX
- Knowledge of manufacturing/automotive business preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A “team player” who will encourage the open exchange of ideas
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Completed work product should meet the objectives and be in a form that requires very little modifications i.e. client ready
- Good organizational skills - Work should be done in a deliberate structured way to achieve the objectives completely and the work if fully traceable