Programmer Analyst (3 years of programming experience - any language) - Contract
- Job Title
- Programmer Analyst (3 years of programming experience - any language) - Contract
- Job ID
- San Diego, CA 92120
- Other Location
Title: Programmer Analyst (3 years of programming experience - any language)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
This Programmer Analyst position will give you an opportunity to learn the application and contribute to it as you work with clients. The Programmer Analyst will provide, under moderate supervision, programming support for existing software enhancements. Support provided will be for existing customers or internal organizations.
About Our Team
Card Services provides support, implementation and programming for both new and existing clients. This includes core conversions, migrations, card processor/network switches and modifications to existing programs.
The Card Development team, within Card Services, processes card software modifications and enhancements. This consists of research, code development, testing, quality assurance and documentation for enhancements, triage and mandates that apply to the card online and batch code.
- 3+ years of programming experience.
• They will be using PL1, but do not have to have this as a minimum. They will train the right candidate.
• Not necessarily a developer role. They will be modifying existing code and fill-in prompts.
• The environment: collaboration heavy with a small team. Access to other programmers that work outside of the candlestick project as well.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Unix or Linux knowledge.
- Experience with core banking/credit union systems.
- Must be able to work in a high pace team environment.
- General knowledge of the financial industry.
- Good communication and customer interaction skills.
- Able to write software code; general knowledge of appropriate programming language(s).
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Working knowledge of applicable Change Management System.
- Ability to work on call at least one week per quarter.
- Develops programming code for new and/or existing software enhancements.
- Devises block diagrams, logic procedures and prepares flowcharting.
- Troubleshoots and debugs existing code.
- Tests code and fixes to ensure quality.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans; implements newly created code and fixes into existing software.
- Provides programming support for various interfaces.
- Keeps customers informed of all enhancements, troubleshooting, and fixes; may assist the customer in determining if and how system enhancements may improve process flow and business function.
- Creates all programming documentation; may include defining the system and functional requirements of the product
- May complete project bids and/or work effort estimates. Interacts with customers to gather system requirements.