Global IT Manager
- Job Title
- Global IT Manager
- Job ID
- Plymouth, MI 48170
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Global IT Manager
- Establishes and maintains regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end-users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Manages IT staffing; including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, and evaluation of each team member.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback to teams; ensures work, information, ideas and technology flow freely and across teams.
- Provides frequent updates to Executive Leadership regarding the status of each project and progress of stated goals including changing scope and project acceptance procedures.
- Manages data to store, retrieve, and manipulate for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Installs and tests system software upgrades; communicates with users on applications and concepts.
- Performs administrative functions such as analyzing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Benchmarks, analyzes, reports and makes recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems
- Interfaces with vendors and suppliers to communicate specifications, perform reviews, provide technical support and create documentation for scope of work, schedules, delivery plans and testing.
- Maintains a passion for lifelong learning and continually updates knowledge regarding innovative techniques, approaches and solutions available in the marketplace.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Project Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Customer Service Focus
- Teamwork / Leadership
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
Up to 10% travel is required for this position dependent on projects.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT / Computer Engineering or related fields.
- Three to five years directly applicable experience and/or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in IT / Computer Engineering or related fields.
- Six to eight years directly applicable experience in IT applications.
- Supervisory/Managerial/Leadership experience working with application and database technical teams while managing infrastructure technical teams/resources.
- Strong Project Management experience; in-depth knowledge of tools and methodologies; demonstrated ability to communicate and manage results.
- Microsoft project (2007) and above, SharePoint (advanced skills), Microsoft Office suite (advanced skills)
- Background and experience with Epicor CMS in an AS400 environment would be highly preferred.
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions; matrixed and global operations; background with General Data Protection Requirements (GDPR-EU).