Xenia Systems is currently hiring for a variety of opportunities. Please see our open positions below and apply for those opportunities that are interest. If you do not see a position matching your skill sets, please feel free to send your resume to Jobs@XeniaSystems.com
Staff Accountant (part-time)
- Job Title
- Staff Accountant (part-time)
- Job ID
- Sterling-Dulles, VA 20166
- Other Location
The staff accountant will maintain records to include financial statement preparation, bank reconciliation, accounts receivable and accounts payable, and other accounting related duties as assigned.
The Accountant will be responsible for a variety of daily accounting activities related to general ledger, and account reconciliation/analysis. This role will require attention to detail and the selected individual must have operating knowledge of MS Office programs (excel, word, outlook). Individuals seeking a challenging, multifaceted role in a fast-paced work environment will enjoy the diverse responsibilities of this key role within our company.
In this role, the Account will:
- Ensure accurate processing of all purchase orders and invoices.
- Responsible for semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Process employee expense reports in accordance with GSA travel regulations and/or company policy.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of all accounts payable invoices and credit card bills.
- Continuous maintenance of the corporate Time and Expense system.
- Processes cash receipts and deposits.
- Respond to customer inquires.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Assist in monthly journal entries and month end closing.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist in maintaining and tracking project budgets.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required.
- At least 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of GAAP and standard accounting processes and procedures.
- DCAA and federal accounting experience required.
- Expert knowledge of ERP GovCloud or similar ERP system.
- Experience outsourced payroll processing (Paychex, ADP, etc.).
- Strong analytic skills, attention to detail, strong experience with Microsoft Excel).