- Job Title
- Release Engineer
- Job ID
- Hermitage, TN 37076
- Other Location
Duties and responsibilities
- Define and formulate releases and ensure alignment to established software development processes in an effort to meet business needs.
- Define, track, and manage release content and schedules - A comprehensive plan that integrates all the inputs and outputs of release planning activities. This includes the assignment of support team and identifying dependencies.
- Lead and provide direction to all affected teams to ensure software release activities are managed and coordinated accordingly.
- Engage with the infrastructure team to schedule and manage hotfixes.
- Track all vendor software upgrades, interdependencies and version deprecation.
- Schedule and facilitate release planning and status meetings to review changes to releases and/or resolve items of intense or moderate concern.
- Develop risk management mitigation (prioritization) when support teams are faced with schedule/ budget /resource constraints.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and leading of production readiness meetings for all software releases and secure approvals from support teams to continue with production deployment.
- Ensures and collects release specific metrics to define a quality release.
- Works across the organization to improve and enforce development, testing, release and documentation standards.
- Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality.
- Work with team to bring continuous process improvement to release processes
- 3-5 years of Release Management Coordination/Engineer experience managing builds through development, QA, UAT through to production.
- Understanding why Release Management is important- put standards in place, checkpoints, etc.
- Proven experience in overseeing the implementation of software releases to a production environment.
- Strong knowledge of system and software SDLC and leading practices and methodologies including Agile and/or ITIL frameworks
- Direct, hands-on experience with release management tools; TFS (Team Foundation Server), JIRA or similar tool experience
- Ability to multi-task, nimbleness and highly functional within a team environment
- Must be adaptable to work in a varied, fast paced exciting, ever changing environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Been a part of the team when they were establishing and/or upgrading Release Management team or processes.
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.