- Job Title
- Implementation Analyst
- Job ID
- Birmingham, MI 48009
- Other Location
About the Role:
The Digital Implementation Analyst works with Business Intelligence and other Performance and Analytics team members to provide implementation support for digital measurement methods across the company. They must use their critical thinking and production skills to help support the implementation team in an effort to ensure the implementation team needs are supported. They draw upon their knowledge and experience in digital analytics to help develop and deliver actionable tagging plans to help ensure the accurate measurement of digital properties. This web-savvy analyst must be highly detail-oriented, focused on producing on time solutions for a variety of business functions and have a passion being accurate and driving work products to completion.
- Support implementation operations by producing tagging plans and providing testing support for the implementation team.
- Responsible for all requests have appropriate measurement standards implemented and functioning as expected. Including Digital site and email properties.
- Quickly identify/report and resolve any tagging/implementation issues (internally or externally reported).
- Demonstrates ability to identify potential pitfalls that may lead to specific project issues or data/implementation concerns.
- Monitor all work streams within their scope of control to ensure that company standards (processes, tools, milestones and approvals) are enforced.
- Work closely with the Analytic and implementation teams, concurrently driving multiple projects to completion on time.
- Ensure the delivery of clear, concise and accurate measurement documentation for development and analytic use.
- Partners with the implementation team to help drive changes to improve process, standardization and efficiency.
- Work closely with the implementation team and analytic project management to ensure they are creating tagging documentation that is accurate and executable.
- Evangelize the use of website analytics broadly within the company
- Supports analytic implementation, documentation and strategy on new approaches for analytical projects and future opportunities
- Identifies opportunities to implement new processes, tools, techniques and analytical frameworks designed to better serve our customers and increase department operating efficiencies
- Identifies areas of opportunity for the team to improve quality and drive efficiencies
- Experience driving the data strategy across multiple customer touch points
- Effectively communicate status of projects both verbally and in writing to management
- Effectively communicate roadblocks, and identify ways to mitigate risks, escalating at-risk projects to management
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys a team driven environment
- Is accommodating, cooperative, analytical, heads down and introspective
- Accepts pressure and the ability to switch from one item to the next as priorities change
- Accepts interruptions and being able to juggle work load are important qualities
Preferable technical skills:
- Familiarity and expertise in reading HTML/CSS markup and general front end web development experience
- Knowledge of Web analytics best practices and standards
- Browser inspection/console debugging experience
- QA process and documentation practices
- Familiarity with Jira collaborative software (Confluence, Bitbucket, Jira ticketing systems)
- Adobe Analytics familiarity
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, or Marking preferred
- Previous analytic, implementation or QA experience leading projects or a team desired, preferably in a Marketing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of strategic, logical and creative technical solutions to challenging problems
- Should have a solid understanding of CMS, application servers and database servers
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- High sense of awareness with a focus on listening
- Knowledge of CRM terminology and methods preferred
- Aptitude for new concepts, especially as they relate to technology and analytics
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately delegate responsibility and authority as needed
- Highly accountable self-starter with the ability to work well within a group, as well as independently
- Highly self-motivated, professional with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment with minimal supervision
- 1+ years’ experience working in marketing or web related field
- Knowledge of at least one digital reporting suite such as Omniture Site Catalyst, Google Analytics, DoubleClick, or Pointroll preferred
- Extensive knowledge of analytic tag debugging software (httpfox, Observe point, Charles) and/ or web developer tools.